solar power DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Getting interested in adding solar power, now that there are 400W panels and the tarriffs are gone, and the tax credit is going back up to 30%....

Anyone have any knowledge about doing it yourself?

DIY(Do It Yourself) Solar Energy Kits & Services | Solar Wholesale

Get the help you need to install your own DIY Solar energy on your house. See how easy it is to add your own solar panels w/ our DIY Kits here
www.solarwholesale.com
www.solarwholesale.com

Yes, DIY is possible. Installed it at home a couple years back. The local electricity provider inspected and approved the setup for continuous grid connection so it's now basically a UPS for the entire house, pushing electricity back into the grid on sunny days. After that, added a variant to the LC100 for running a fridge/freezer, a laptop and an induction cooktop. 4x4 glamping :)

In Utah, 2 weeks ago.
IMG_2380.JPG

and the setup at home during installation:
IMG_0438.JPG

Yes, DIY is possible. Installed it at home a couple years back. The local electricity provider inspected and approved the setup for continuous grid connection so it's now basically a UPS for the entire house, pushing electricity back into the grid on sunny days. After that, added a variant to the LC100 for running a fridge/freezer, a laptop and an induction cooktop. 4x4 glamping :)

In Utah, 2 weeks ago.
View attachment 3085315

and the setup at home during installation:
View attachment 3085316

I need to pick your brain …. Did you go with a company to help design the system? Or did you design it yourself?

Mostly victron energy components, they have tools on their site to design systems. Solar panels came from a recycle/overstock source. The home setup is for testing lithium chemistry EV batteries out of wrecked vehicles repurposing them for stationary off grid installations. There's a company very close to you in KC (Greentec) that also rebuilds them and where I have some recent batteries from. PM for schematics or more system details or maybe at a next meet we can chat.

You'll need to check with evergy when I had my system installed kcpl did not allow homeowners to install their own systems when being grid tied

You'll need to check with evergy when I had my system installed kcpl did not allow homeowners to install their own systems when being grid tied
Where I live it's Evergy. 4 years ago they did require a system diagram, a manual service disconnect switch at the Evergy entry point and a separate meter for the PV side. But indeed best to check what the actual requirements are.

I have limited experience with solar. Designed and installed the system on our daughter's van. (3) 200 W panels in series feeding through an MPPT to (2) 200 Ah lithium batteries connected in parallel. There's a ton of info on the internet and this is well within your wheelhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom