Soft brake pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, running into a little issue with my 05 LX. It has 185k on the ODO. As of late, when initially go to press on the brakes, the first push on the pedal tends to go soft and the brakes don't start to grab that good. I then let up on the pedal and push down again, the pedal is firm to press and has quick braking applied. It looks like the brake fluid does need to be flushed and I will do that in the next week. Rotors and pads are good, only about 10k miles on both. Any tips on what else I can look for would be great.

I'd give this a good read. It's no game / joke.

Pretty sure I may have found the problem. Brake pads were like new when I did the front bearings. I started looking around and found my front rotor like this. My brother in law who is a lexus mechanic for the past 15 years says it's probably a ceased piston in the caliper.

20191103_152408.jpg

Second update. I did the front wheel bearing about 2 months ago, I jacked the front end up to see if there was any play and there was in the driver front. None on the passenger side though. I will tighten that 54mm nut tomorrow and pick up the new rotors and pads. Ill replace them and put them on later in the week when I get a chunk of free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom