soa ?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by kc_chevota, Apr 7, 2003.

1. kc_chevota

kc_chevota SILVER Star

for those of you who hav done a soa how did you do the u bolts on the pumpkin side? ??? i did turn my axle and now it looks like im going to need to make custom bolt plates and a strange shaped u-bolt for the long one. pics would be great also :dunno:

2. cruzer

cruzer

Use the spring spacer that is on top of the axle. grind it off and put it on the bottom. also take a look in the tech section...there is a ton of SOA info there....

Stew

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    For that front u-bolt that doesn't wanna wrap around the center section....PITA....

I used a fairly long u-bolt....installed it first onto the plate and it is maybe 2-3" ahead of the center pin where you want it aligned. A pry bar, some careful tightening, more pry bar work, and I effectively twisted it into position to align properly. When mine comes off now it's still tight, but it has flexed itself into a pretty good fit. No problems after more than 5 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.