SOA---finally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have finally gotten started on the SOA. On the rear I pulled the axle and turned it backwerds to get an idea of the lift I was looking at. Last night I got the big stuff done. Cut of the hangers, cut the frame for the new shackle mount and welded that up. I already had an axle that had the perches welded on top so I bolted it all up and love the way it looks. I need to check the caster on the axle. My next step is to pull the chev 350 and replace with a fresh rebuild and swap in the SM420 sitting on the garage floor. Once I have that done I can point the pinion on the rear axle at the t-case and get the rear set. Hopefully only a couple more weeks and I will be back on the road. :cheers:

Not much of a site yet but working on it. Check out a couple pic at
http://pages.prodigy.net/phlyfish/cruiser.htm

Looks groovy, and sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with all the mods!!
Keep the pics comming, as it makes it easier for others who have not done this, to understand what is going on, and makes a good reference for the "SEARCH" function..

Oh, and 420's have a 7.05:1 First gear ;)

-Steve

Oh, and a 65.76 crawl ratio too... Just fyi...

Looks good man!

Stock springs (I think, they have a mitsubishi stamp on them) and the tires are 35's
I still have to gather some parts for the tranny swap but most just waiting. The front axle is from a '77 fj-40 so it has disk and I have converted to rear disk. I also plan on front and rear Aussie lockers. Hopefully they don't raise the price by the time I can come up with the cash.

I will post pics soon, I have to steel some web space from the wife.

You've 20 days for aussie lockers. At $200 that is.
Bad ass man. Bad frickin ass.
Every day I wish I had waited.... :doh:

the SOA looks good so far! Look like you can fit 37" tires easily.

As for Aussie locker, this thing is inexpensive, I am thinking about getting one for my spare diff. But from what I heard it's not available for LC yet.

/td

The rear has been trimmed quit a bit. I fit 35's with just the shackle lift and some trimming. I did have to lower the bump stops. No worries now. I think I am going to stay with the 35's, you get above that size tire and they start getting expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom