So, would you hire this guy as your landscape designer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfz80

Cruisin’
Threads
IF so, gimme a call :D

new company cruiser
So I guess its no secret, really just never said much for fear of jinxing the whole deal. Plus I know how the ONSC club and cruiser acquisitions have gone lately :D

Ive been looking for about a year but a good 9 months a little more actively searching for a 45. The requirements are a bit different than most cruisers I would consider.

I needed a vehicle to perform safely as a DD with todays roadway and traffic standards and still be able to run some materials around if necessary. I almost fell for a 66 with a 1f but I do like going the speed limit. Plus it was waaaaaay to nice to ever put anything in. My fate was sealed a few weeks back at rockvember I believe as I got to see in the flesh Darins 45 parked next to brett's 60 (same color as my 45) and I knew what I had to do :D

So purist look away b/c there a lot of non toyota parts here, but perfect for me as it can get me across town or state, and not so nice that I would be afraid to use it.

[SIZE=+1]1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45. Imported from Canada about 5 years ago. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]FULL DESCRIPTION:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The Color is 1985 FJ60, Gun Metal Gray, Code 8B4 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]1990 Chevy 350 Engine[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Quadrajet TBI System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]SM420 4 Speed Transmission[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Saginaw Power Steering Conversion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Spring-Over Axle Conversion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]4 Wheel Disc Brakes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Heavy Duty Radiator (CCOT)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Full Floater Rear End[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]35" BFG Tires (x5)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]17" Rims (x5)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Summit Racing Digital Gauges (Oil, Temp, Battery)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Heavy Duty Tie Rod[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Toyota Tie Rod Ends[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New CCOT BDS Extended Shocks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Interior Door Panels[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]CCOT Hell For Stout Front Bumper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]CCOT Interior Carpet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]New Dash Pad (Not cheap plastic dash cover)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]New Front Turn Signals (Japanese Version)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Fiberglass Roof[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"LAND CRUISER" Stamped Fiberglass Bezel[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Kick Vent Gaskets[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Flowmaster Muffler[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Herculiner Interior Cab[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Reupholstered Interior[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Diamond Plate Bed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Original Headache Rack[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Original Tailgate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New Side Mirrors[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]New Alternator[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]New Starter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Original Pickup Bed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Brand New GALVANIZED Windshield Hooks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]New Front Fenders

So it looks alot nicer in the pics (as well as in the rain and dark in a jersey suburb) but its still in decent shape. It has some rust to deal at some point, mostly the rear cab supports, front of bed wings, and underside of cab. Not real bad, and really the only ones i plan to touch in the near future are the cab mounts.

Plans include a canvas canopy over the bed and some company decals and ENJOY!!!

dayone008.jpg

delivery004.jpg

dayone004.jpg

dayone003.jpg

dayone001.jpg

dayone002.jpg

dayone005.jpg

pic series of the restoration

haha and remember everyone's definition of that word is up to scrutiny
[/SIZE]

no i would not hire him i would be to jealous
CONGRATS

She's a beaut!

Can you drive that down here to mow the lawn? I want to see that thing!

b/t/w, an "F" can go the speed limit... in a school zone :grinpimp:

I just killed my laptop from all the drool!!! Oh man! I love it!

I've told your uncle Jerry to steal that for me when you see him at Christmas. So, please leave the keys in it so Jerry doesn't have to hotwire it!

I am the purist of whom you speak, but I agree with the modifications especially since you will have to drive it on the new North Carolina Motor Speeway, aka I-40. Love the flowmaster!

Sick sick sick.
b

I've told your uncle Jerry to steal that for me when you see him at Christmas. So, please leave the keys in it so Jerry doesn't have to hotwire it!

I dont normally mess with ex federal agents know to carry weapons, but...... Ill be keeping an eye on him :D

Thanks guys. Should be a fun one. Already into the repairs :doh:

Shes a good looker but Id be embarassed to park it next to AGreekBoy's............that thing is just sexy.

Very nice, and big enough for Brody...

landscaper

Im from Ontario Canada and I was thinking on doing the same thing with my landscaping company. I was thinking of maybe having a 40 series with a trailer or a 45 from up here. I know I was in one city in Ontario and the fellow was using a 40 for his landscaping business, also great advertising which is a key factor,

ECO GREEN LANDSCAPING

Well your dead on.

I own my own landscape design and consultation business. So Im not your typical landscape contractor.
I see these guys running around town in their modded f-350's and writing off 50k in a vehicle so I saw no problem spending 25% of that on a much cooler rig. NO it cant tow my toys to the trail, but that became the biggest advantage of me getting a diesel.

I have collegues spending upwards of 12k on marketing strategies so i fairley view half of this purchase being marketing, and half being for a vehicle. I have the same capabilities of my tacoma and a MUCH cooler ride. Plus being 6700 gvrw I can submit for schedule 179 (accelerated depreciation) and take half the purchase cost of 09's income taxes. win, win.

I almost fell for a 40 and it was a members on here that i've admired for a long time, but in the end its tough being in the landscape industry and not owning a pickup.

In the end, I dont miss the diesel and love the choice I've made. I can still operate on par with my competition because any project im likely to pick up has the budget to afford delivery of heavy machinery and materials. And to boot, ive found a military trailer with canopy local here for 700 bux.... now just need the pintle hitch.

and to answer your PM.... It came from ontario and was imported 5 years ago.

landscaping

I see the odd one here, know of a few fj45's and most are so rusted out, they use alot of salt here and at times I think they over use it which is not good for the enviroment. Coming into 2010 I have decided to almost loose the yellow pages because of cost. The reason for me is word of mouth is the best advertising and if they heard of you threw a friend and so on you have a better chance of getting the job. I still knock on doors if I feel its someone who might need some service.

I own or should I say lease a F550 DIESEL dump 4x4 and it hauls what ever I throw at her. I was thinking of a 40 or 45 when im doing lawn care, light weight work.. And plus I don't have to drive more then 25 minutes out of town to get my work done. Back to 2010 Im cutting back on advertising and anything else I feel is not paying for itself.

cheers

A buddy of mine has a treeing walker coonhounds as well up in the mountains. Pretty animals.

My guy is a Mutt. Good bit smaller than a Chesapeake Bay retriever, only 55lbs (and hates the water).

he is part Catahoula Leopard dog and part Labrador Retriever. He barked once, but most folks dont believe me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom