So now that you have had the FJ Cruiser for a few weeks/months..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

warrenty

i agree. contact the local regional sales/service department and raise hell.
believe me, it will work wonders. the last thing they want is a non-repeat customer.
i had a wheel bearing problem with a 1989 toy picku p, and after three or four times back to the dealer, where i could see them rolls their eyes when i was walking through the door, i called the regional office. the next day, the service manage from the dealer sheepishly called me, apologized over and over again, sent some one to pick up my truck, and give me a free loaner. it was in the shop for two weeks, most of the time waiting for some one from another dealer who had seen the problem before to come and fix it. in the mean time , i beat the hell out of the isuzu they gave me.
finally fixed it, and gave me a coupon for 500 bucks off a new car purchase, which i gave my mother.
i was happy, thats why i still deal with them. 26 years of buying cruiser parts, and i am finally buying my new fj from them.
the even call me "mr. when i go in. have not been called mister so much since i was arrested ( not convicted ) of illegal dumping in another persons dumpster.

I contacted Toyota Customer Relations before even bitching to the managers at the dealer. I even got to talk with the District manager for my region.

I alredy fixed it myself. I know the lost some money. While I was waiting for my car to be checked. I got a beach chair and sat infront of the FJCruisers and told every living soul about my problem and go take their business elsewhere. One of the salesman tried to tell me that I couldn't sit there, and I really wanted to rock him in the face but I just said my vehicle is being worked on inside and I can sit where I please. He said I'll go check on your vehicle. If he would've came back one bloody salesperson and I'd probably have assault charges by now.

I love toyota's reliability(I've owned Toyota vehicle all my life) but I hate dealerships. Last new car I buy from any dealer. There's still a little voice inside me that says "Should've dumped the $30k in the 40" muahhaha.. ugh.

Dislike: Just noticed today There is a small area under rear wheel wells that holds mud and gravel. In the future I can see this causing rust and tearing out the lower door plastic . Its located in rear wheelwell near front. I might have to do a mod. I wish I didnt throw away trimmed plastic from allpro bumper install! I might be able to rivet it in there. :frown:

I have the same problem. I grab a handful of rocks every time I wash it. I just plan to cut out the bottom of that little pocket, so they don't gather.

That might work. I am going to work on this problem this weekend. It should be pretty easy whatever I decide to do.:beer:

One :frown:. A group here in AZ went on a run last month with the Toyota Trails team. Several FJs beached themselves on a rock and bent rear links. The rear link is some relatively thin welded tube and apparently not up to impact or supporting the weight of the FJ. Several fix options are out there, including beefier aftermarket links and reinforcing the existing link with a piece of angle.

I also heard someone is making them adjustable to relieve pressure on lifted rear suspension. I cant remember whos doing it .Anyone Know?????????????

Has anyone on toyota trail teams had a problem with inner fender liner coming apart. That cubby whole under rear fenders on mine is jammed with dirt and rocks. It looks like its going to get seperation near the plastic rocker guard if I dont figure out a fix!
Toyota should fix this on next year models.:crybaby:

inthewall said:
Has anyone on toyota trail teams had a problem with inner fender liner coming apart. That cubby whole under rear fenders on mine is jammed with dirt and rocks. It looks like its going to get seperation near the plastic rocker guard if I dont figure out a fix!
Toyota should fix this on next year models.:crybaby:

Even if they do fix it on next years model you'll still have this years.

inthewall said:
I also heard someone is making them adjustable to relieve pressure on lifted rear suspension. I cant remember whos doing it .Anyone Know?????????????
IH8MUD.com ~ Toyota Tech Resource > TLCAforum.com > Clubhouse Corner > AZ- Copper State Cruisers FJ Crusier Lower Links
there is info on these I believe there.

I dislike that the sun visor does not block the sun from your left side at all, or for that matter the passenger side either, and I'm short as hell. Where were the engineers for this mishap, now it's totally useless. My old ZR2 blazer had an adjustable visor that extended to cover that area(genius GM), I'm wanting to mod my vehicle w/ one, just wondering if it's possible:frown: . Tucson,AZ sun is unbearable glare, so this really gets me pissed.:mad:

inthewall said:
To make it easier to find, go to www.sonoransteel.com and email steve for info. These are heavy duty rear links with rubicon superflex ends replacing the OEM rubber. I was the test vehicle, they fit great with no noticiable ride change, but I won't get to put 'em to the rock test:bounce: till later this month;)

dont give in

k_os said:
It's appeartly low enough to get splashed by the mud/water that the fan kicks all over the place.. I haven't paid one dime.. and I don't plan to. I didn't buy a corolla or a sienna. I bought something with a rear locking differential and off road traction control. Last time I checked you don't need those in the pavement.

Seems that they are trained to say that right away! I had the same problem with B. F. Goodrich. I took my truck in for inspection and I not the dealer found a bubble in between the ride wall tread of one of my tires. The dealer sent me to the local B.F. Goodrich shop. They in turn pulled the tire shoved a screwdriver through the tire from back to front to show me where it was the proceeded to tellme it was an impact mark. The said I must have hit a curb or something and that it was not covered. I bought thqt for a minute but then cou ntered with , you sell a product designed to be used off road in other than average conditions but bumping a curb( wihich incidently did not happen) and you say it's not covered. I hadf to e-mail the main office and express my disatisfaction. I was told to mail the tire to them for inspection and if it was a issue with the tire they would sent me payment minus the use already on the tire. funny but the shop threw the tire away , replaced it with my spare and even had the nerve to charge me. Finally I didn't get a new tire or my money back for the tire swap. So I will never purchase a BFG product again.

I've only had mine two weeks.

Some annoying things I know I'll get used to are:
Could use another interior light near rear view mirror.
View out back while towing. Cant see my boat til its sideways.

I'm just getting used to it so I figure the towing will be old hat a few more times.
Just like any other vehicle I've owned.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it.

i just bought my fj 1 month ago....love it! runs great.... handles great. great on the hi way, and in the rain. couldn't be happier....

dislikes.....driver side visor..........mirror on passenger visor

Well, after a round-trip from DC to Corpus Christi, Texas (over 1600 Miles each way), and another one to Georgia, with now over 17,000 miles and 2 noticable dings/dents on "The Beast", I can say that there are not too many things I don't like about the FJ, most of which I noted in my previous post, but the gas mileage is nowhere near what is claimed by the EPA at highway speeds. Of course, EPA's highway speed is 55MPH, mine is more like 80MPH, so that may account for some of it. I have noticed a weird sensation a few times while braking, however. It seems to want to keep going, and "lurches" on occasion when I am stopping at a light, even when I have the clutch fully depressed. This can be very nerve-wracking. Has anyone else experienced this?

I love mine, stock for stock it rides and handles way better off-road than my Tacoma did stock. Of course my FJ was only stock for about a week or two.

A few minor anoy's with the FJ so far, granted these may not be on everyones list:

• Stupid body mount in the way of the front wheel well.
  • Gas tank hangs way low stock, lower than the rear axle tubes. Needs a lift to get that sucker back up above the tubes.
  • Cross over pipe location and design.. I understand why, I just don't like it, it's rock bait.
  • No ATRAC with rear locker (fixed that already)
  • Weak rear links and mounts
  • Short rear brake lines and ABS lines, limits how much you can increase the back flex without replacing these.
  • Stock tires.. should have at least came with BFG AT's.. But then I'd replace even those so I guess it doesn't realy matter.
The frame undercarage are great, lots of access ports and cable runs built into it, lots of mounting locations, lots of room in the the engine bay for dual batteries/whatever, off-road it handles real well and stable, it's very predicable so far in how it will react. ATRAC works supprisingly well, and the darn thing is just a blast to drive both on the street and off. I get a big grin everytime I take it off-road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom