Snow fun cut short need "wiper link" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Damn it all, playing in the snow and next thing I hear is something like your ripping the drumstick off a big turkey...and my wiper stopped straight up and down...damn it. Anyone out there (besides SOR) have a "wiper link" (cable style pre 74) :mad: or has anyone re-engineered this thing. I am going to tear it down in the am to survey my options if I can't turn one up.

I have dealt with the up and down problem, and might have a suggestion, but I am not sure what you think is wrong with yours, Todd. Are you sure it is the likeage that is gone? What happened to me is that the wiper axle became loose within the gear.

I sit there and watch the freyed outer cable move back and forth on the outside of where it is supposed to be crimped into. Before this act I watched it do a twisted intestine manuever...until she let go at both ends. Right now after a few beverages ...I am thinking threaded rod and maybe some heim joints. But I need to pull it apart to see if that could replace this cable arrangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom