Snorkel or not? (1 Viewer)

Snorkel

• Yes.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sell it.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Leave it in the corner of the garage as a shrine to sad regret.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
The green 80 came with a snorkel in a box. New, never installed, looks like all the parts are there. If I install, I will need some drilling guidance since the template doesn’t look right. Otherwise, I will likely sell it to someone who feels they need it. Always liked the idea (beyond water fording) but the 80’s intake is pretty good stock. So?

Last edited:
Sweet, stinky, snorkel

Why against snorkels (dorkels)? I have thoughts on both sides of the fence but interested in yours.

They are useless for 99% of the people who put them on and are mainly for looks

You gotta cut a hole in your fender.

You cant remove them without having a giant hole in your fender.

They choke out V8s (see above relating to removing it)

I have one on my Vortec 60. I cant remove it because then I would have a giant hole in my fender. Its useless with a V8 and not plumbed. Also would not reccomend doing water crossings like this in general...came over my 37s :flipoff2:

20181219_082029.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Not much of an issue here on this side of the country, but go out west and you'll suck all kinds of dust into your intake. There are a couple trails I like to do on this side of the country that have big water crossings and I've tempted fate too many times.

I resisted many years because I hated the look of the Safari (et al), but found one that's not terrible to look at and gets the job done. I still need to clean it up again and put some paint on it. And modify the roof rack so it will sit snug against the roofline.

LenzDesign-snorkel (5).JPG

It helps with dust not to mention you will be one of the cool kids at the overlanders meeting. If you really think you are getting in water that deep there are other issues (mainly electronics) way before the snorkel

Not much of an issue here on this side of the country, but go out west and you'll suck all kinds of dust into your intake. There are a couple trails I like to do on this side of the country that have big water crossings and I've tempted fate too many times.

I resisted many years because I hated the look of the Safari (et al), but found one that's not terrible to look at and gets the job done. I still need to clean it up again and put some paint on it. And modify the roof rack so it will sit snug against the roofline.

View attachment 2133139
I’m thinking about either a prinsu rack or maybe a Baja flat rack. How do you like yours?

I’m thinking about either a prinsu rack or maybe a Baja flat rack. How do you like yours?
For the money, the Prinsu fit the bill for me. The hardware for the FJC mounting brackets was crap, but overall a good roof rack. I did a full review here: Prinsu Roof Rack for FJC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom