Smog pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally happened...smog pump froze up and glazed over the belt pretty good. The only warning was a bit of shrieking the night prior. Have taken the thing apart...looks like a easy rebuild if I can find a rebuild kit which includes the pulley end bearing and the little spacers that fit in the grooves along the housing cutouts for the paddles. It looks like that is what cracked and fell out jamming things up in there. I could only find half of the remains.

Any input, as always, is appreciated.

Cheers, and keep on Cruising!

Dave

If you dont have to worry about emissions, just gut it and put it back on. Hell, if you dont have emissions, just take all that crap off.

Bumpingup :-\

http://www.sor.com/

top of page, new product, Smog Pump Eliminator........kinda sorta spendy however

I don't think rebuild parts are available. The bearings can be found, but the phenolic vanes and carbon wipers are specific to the pump - and maybe other Toyota pumps. I've bought several economy Cardon rebuilt pumps. I always check the inside before install. One has gone back for exchange before installation because of the piss poor condition of the vanes. I think they reuse the old vanes and just replace the bearings. Maybe a more reputable rebuilder does a better job but I haven't found one.

Rip it out and put in a weldernator in its place. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom