Wanted Smog Emission System for 75 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted: Complete smog emission system for 1975 FJ40 in good condition. Would prefer to buy whole system complete rather than piece by piece. Including smog pump and mounting bracket, air injection rail, egr tubes and cooler, molded hoses, etc. I'm near the bay area and Sacramento, California.

You do know that ‘75 is CA exempt?

Yeah you must be a glutton for punishment.

Trade you my ‘76!

Yes, I'm aware it's exempt. I'd just like to have my 40 in more factory stock condition. I'm not planning to make it functional

Both a non-functioning air injection system and a non-functioning EGR are a liability. If you install them, you have to make them work, and keep them working.

I am sure I can pull together all the necessary parts. But it obviously won't be as cheap as finding a private party who has done a de-smog.

PM Sent - I have a smog assy from a 1978 2F

Last edited:
How are they a liability?

Both a non-functioning air injection system and a non-functioning EGR are a liability. If you install them, you have to make them work, and keep them working.

I am sure I can pull together all the necessary parts. But it obviously won't be as cheap as finding a private party who has done a de-smog.

How are they a liability?

hello Road Speed ............

i can guarantee if you incorporate one or both of these Needed parts Solutions Kits i offer , to your planned RE-SMOG

Your drive Belts Tension will NEVER become a Liability for the foreseeable future provided , you install them per the FSM spec's of course ...........

- i can also advise you Very strongly , that re-using 35+ year old drive belts Tensioner hardware is indeed a Liability ..........

or at least will cause you major inconvenience either mechanically or otherwise at one point shortly after you install and re-use it .............. 🤔

- all Fresh Rubber parts

- All fresh oem mounting hardware , every single nut , sping washer , and bolt , hair pin and clip etc .........

- and all bench tested re-used 35+ year old components will nothing less then be a straight focus path forward towards your interned stated goals you mention above

i respect the period correct mindset , ..........

good luck sir :)

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom