Builds SLOW 71 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

128203TC I can call them Monday.
This is what I get.... Looks like a Dichtomatik seal.

SKF bought CR seals and this will explain a little what I'm talking about.

We could guess what the range is based on other seals in that size but I'm not in the guessing business so I'd say make the call Monday and talk to the guy that's going to tell you its for a 1.281" shaft and that's all he knows....

Well, it's going to have to work in my world
K - Nice chat..
Can we talk about grape scented oil now?

s-l1600.jpg

The seal housing arrived from Front Range, so these pictures are more for me to remember what I did. Most of you guys aren't going to go through all this baloney for a full float rear axle. Here's the spindle with the brass bushing we all know from the front axle which you need because of the birfield joint.

View attachment 3585461

It gets pressed in there.

View attachment 3585462
On the rear full float axle you don't need that bushing ( Thanks J Mack! ), instead you can put a seal there to stop the axle oil from ruining your day. Front Range sells a housing for that seal.

View attachment 3585465

Then the seal. I have that same seal installed in the axle tube by the pumpkin, so now I have two seals per side to stop the oil from creeping out into the wheel bearings and brakes.

View attachment 3585467

I believe Jim took it one step farther and machined out the spindle for the seal alone, making it a cleaner install. 👍
Are the splines flush with the surface that seals?
What I'm asking is when you insert the shaft, do the splines damage the seal at all?

Yes, I've run that in my diff's and they smell terrific & still no broken axles!
🐖 👈
🤔

Interesting...

The :princess: always likes it when I come in from the garage smelling like 90W. I wonder if the grape smell will work in my favor there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom