Sleeping Mattress for Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the reason for opening both valves? They are designed to be one-way in opposite directions. There is some self-inflating action with the inflate valve so doesn't that just keep bringing air back in as you try to deflate it?

I have 3 of these mats and have never had a problem deflating them with only the deflate valve open. I open the deflate valve, lay down on the mat for a few seconds just to get it started, then I just start at the non-valve end and start rolling it up. I roll about half a turn and then put my knee on the roll while I re-grip to start another turn. Each roll forces air out of the deflate valve, without letting it come back in since I keep the inflate valve closed. By the time I get to the end I'm sure there's still a little air in it but it's empty enough to be rolled tight and fit easily into the bag. I don't try to deflate it and then roll it... It's the rolling that accomplishes the deflating.

The little rubber stick in the inflate vaIve opens that valve just a tiny amount to let a little air out, but only while you're pushing on it. It's not meant for completely deflating the mat. It's meant for minor adjustments in the middle of the night so you don't have to open the deflate valve and lose too much air when you're fine tuning it. That's also why it has the little rubber tab hanging from it, so you can find the right valve for fine tuning inside a dark cruiser in the middle of the night.

I have (3) Megamats too for almost 10 years now and they are the LXW version... which I believe are larger than the green one in the video. The valve design is probably different. I understand how they "want" you to use it. I'm offering a quicker solution. In all cases, it shouldn't take half an hour. I do the tri-fold or quad-fold thing, compress the mat with my knees/body and then I replace the deflation valve so it doesn't reinflate. Then I roll the mat until there is a "bubble" and then remove the deflation valve once again and roll all the way to the end and again replace the valve. Same was for my single valve, backpacking mats.

Just looked an older Megamat Duo and he also does a double valve deflation. Does the newest mat have that feature?

Last edited:
I have (3) Megamats too for almost 10 years now and they are the LXW version... which I believe are larger than the one in the video. The valve design is probably different. I understand how they "want" you to use it. I'm offering a quicker solution. In all cases, it should take half an hour.

Just looked an older Megamat Duo and he also does a double valve deflation. Does the newest mat have that feature?

Thanks. That looks like a good way to deflate. I'll try it next time.

Not sure on the different valve design between old and new models, could be. I have 2 standard size singles and 1 LXW single, all about a year old but have used them a dozen or so times. They all have the same valves and it take about 2 or 3 minutes max to deflate as I roll them. I can see how a duo would be more of a handful but half an hour seems like something is wrong with the valve.

Anyone have any experience using the Hest Dually Mattress? I tried one out at the Outdoor Retailer tradeshow couple years ago but wasn’t a 100 series owner till this year. Super comfy and durable plus it 20% (DREAMMOMS is the discount code good till May 2, 2021) right now for their sleep systems for guaranteed delivery for Mother’s Day but wonder if anyone has tried Hest mattresses out in the LC and if so did you purchase the long or wide versions. Looks like the dimensions for the long would fit with the 2nd row folded completely flat and front seats pushed all the way forward. I don’t have a drawer system as of yet. If you guys are not familiar with Hest and their mattress options here is the link to their website below….

Anyone have any experience using the Hest Dually Mattress? I tried one out at the Outdoor Retailer tradeshow couple years ago but wasn’t a 100 series owner till this year. Super comfy and durable plus it 20% (DREAMMOMS is the discount code good till May 2, 2021) right now for their sleep systems for guaranteed delivery for Mother’s Day but wonder if anyone has tried Hest mattresses out in the LC and if so did you purchase the long or wide versions. Looks like the dimensions for the long would fit with the 2nd row folded completely flat and front seats pushed all the way forward. I don’t have a drawer system as of yet. If you guys are not familiar with Hest and their mattress options here is the link to their website below….

$500 :frown:

Luno Life is half that price and works same. Here‘s a picture in back of my Subaru Outback.

Also, I’m happy to pass on my 10% discount code for purchasing my v2.0 mattress. I don’t really see a need for anything from them anytime soon.

5FC35939-73BD-4636-AE8C-1474131DA571.jpeg

$500?!:oops:

See post #90 above.

$500 :frown:

Luno Life is half that price and works same. Here‘s a picture in back of my Subaru Outback.

Also, I’m happy to pass on my 10% discount code for purchasing my v2.0 mattress. I don’t really see a need for anything from them anytime soon.

View attachment 2658208
I was looking at them a couple years ago but kinda stayed away from them when I was at the OR show in Denver and them saying they do t think they will be supporting the LC which I thought was kind of shocking. I will try and talk to the rep at the OR show in August and make a push for them to support our rigs

Thanks. That looks like a good way to deflate. I'll try it next time.
This pump works pretty well for deflation for those interested:

Amazon product ASIN B09FT7RJFG
On a side note, on the 80 series, does anyone know which exped megamat (MW or LW) work better as a "half" mattress with only one side of the rear seats folded down (and drawers behind the seats)? MW is 25 inches wide (72 inches long), LW is 30 inches wide (77 inches long).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom