Sleeping in LC 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to take my two boys camping and want to sleep in the LC. I plan on removing the third row seats. Maybe throw an air mattress in. I am looking for suggestions/hacks or better suggestions. I am willing to spend some money for something worthwhile.

No hacks needed, as long as you aren’t super tall, it’s pretty comfy. Three people may be tight, depends on on how big they are. If you use an open cell foam air mattress, it can be downright comfy.

In warmer weather, having screen over open windows can be great for airflow.

Biased advice incoming. :)

Here's one option to get a nice flat surface. Throw on a Megamat and you're good to go. https://amzn.to/2RS0eOk

If you have any questions let us know!

Here's a forum member's SS1 system. He outfitted it with some phenomenal finishing touches like bronze hinges/trim and full upholstery, but we think the base system in natural birch looks great as well!

closded.jpg

closed.jpg

open.jpg

*Edit: adjusted wording to be a little less enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Biased advice incoming. :)

Dare I say, we've developed the best sleep and storage system out there in the 'Cruiser market. Lots of recent 200 customers. We prioritize a flat and comfy sleep surface and you have a big bonus option of lock in, lock out drawers underneath. Throw on a Megamat and you're good to go. https://amzn.to/2RS0eOk

If you have any questions let us know!

Here's a forum member's SS1 system. He outfitted it with some phenomenal finishing touches like bronze hinges/trim and full upholstery, but we think the base system in natural birch looks great as well!

View attachment 2674492

View attachment 2674493

View attachment 2674494
Looks great. Did you do the upgrades and send like that, or was it sent in the natural birch and the buyer made the additions?

Super nice, but completely unnecessary for a weekend of camping. It is also almost an ad, which is kind of uncharacteristic for vendors on ‘mud.

Looks great. Did you do the upgrades and send like that, or was it sent in the natural birch and the buyer made the additions?
Customer made most the additions, but we helped source the special hinges. We have 4 finishes as standard options (premium fees apply for options 3 and 4, ~$400):
1. Raw birch - great for adding your own coating/stain and also OK to leave as is
2. Prefinished Birch - Our new default. Typical birch look with a matte protective finish
3. Charcoal Zero VOC oil - adds some protection and looks awesome - dark charred brown
4. Black Zero VOC oil - same as above, adds protection. Shows a little wood grain, but not much.

We're an eager and growing shop so if you've got any oddball requests we're happy to discuss.

-Andy

Customer made most the additions, but we helped source the special hinges. We have 4 finishes as standard options (premium fees apply for options 3 and 4, ~$400):
1. Raw birch - great for adding your own coating/stain and also OK to leave as is
2. Prefinished Birch - Our new default. Typical birch look with a matte protective finish
3. Charcoal Zero VOC oil - adds some protection and looks awesome - dark charred brown
4. Black Zero VOC oil - same as above, adds protection. Shows a little wood grain, but not much.

We're an eager and growing shop so if you've got any oddball requests we're happy to discuss.

-Andy
Thanks. Just prefer the darker look with a black interior to the natural birch. All around (including interiors) vs simply the drawer faces and deck.

Super nice, but completely unnecessary for a weekend of camping. It is also almost an ad, which is kind of uncharacteristic for vendors on ‘mud.
Definitely agreed that setup is on the extreme end of the spectrum.

Didn't mean to make it an ad, but I think it's a pretty pointed response for someone seeking sleeping options. The pictures are all from the customer's build thread, so that felt less "sales-y" to me, but perhaps I'm off base. 🤷

If you keep the 3rd row seats in you can actually have a better sleeping platform when you fold both rows flat. Throw your mattress on top if its sturdy you're good. If you need to, fill in the gap between 2nd and 3rd row and its super comfortable. I would say you all it takes is a piece of plywood to bridge that gap, but you might as well buy a drawer system for the cost of a piece of plywood.

If you keep the 3rd row seats in you can actually have a better sleeping platform when you fold both rows flat. Throw your mattress on top if its sturdy you're good. If you need to, fill in the gap between 2nd and 3rd row and its super comfortable. I would say you all it takes is a piece of plywood to bridge that gap, but you might as well buy a drawer system for the cost of a piece of plywood.
Beat me to it. Wrap moving blankets around plywood to protect seats, 2nd/3rd rows folded down so u get extra sleeping width above wheel wells. Add Exped megamats. Boys sleep feet to feet so they are width of one adult. If it's doesn't work out, only out the plywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom