Slee Rear Bumper and 2" Receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
Is there anyway of integrating a 2" receiver hitch into the Slee Rear bumper? Any ideas? Can it be done?

Wrench,
The factory hitch and most (all?) aftermarket hitches will fit. All you need is 4 longer bolts. Use the same ones that came with your factory hitch if you still have them.

Another hitch option is using the SOR drop hitch bracket. It bolts right up where the pintle hook holes are. It is quite sturdy and can easily handle small trailers or garden trailers. I wouldn't pull C-Dan or Yomama's boats with it though.  :G

If you're dead set on "integrating a 2 in receiver" then you'll have to cut a hole in the Slee rear bumper and a hole in the factory rear cross-member and weld something in. If that is your plan then buy the unpainted bumper from Slee, do the mods, then get it powder coated.

-B-

Yeah I just want to pull light stuff like chippers, log splitters and mulch trailers. Looks like the SOR one will do the trick. Thanks

Wrench,
If that's all you're planning then the SOR bracket will work very well for you.  It is designed to go through the factory rear cross-member and is rated as such. With the Slee rear bumper you have the factory location PLUS the beefy Slee rear bumper. That bracket can now take a lot more load. As you will see, the bracket itself is made from very heavy steel plate.  You will need longer bolts than those that come with the SOR bracket since they are too short to go through the Slee bumper and the rear frame member.

Don't go overboard though. A Class III hitch is designed so that the forces and the bolts are not aligned. With the bolts going in the pintle locations horizontally, your towing forces are now in line with the direction of the bolts. This means you still need to be prudent about the loads you are towing.

I kept the factory hitch and plan to install it if I need to tow anything more than 250# tongue weight and 2000# total weight (Max)  

-B-

Holy URL Batman! :eek: :slap: :ugh:

Yeah I'm sorry that's what the url is.

That's the longest URL I have ever seen!

Here is the pic...

240-40-big.jpg

Or you could go all out! :D

Man-a-Fre?

Yea, it looks like the man-a-fre 4+. You have to modify the rear crossmember to fit the bumper. They will only sell these at the shop and must do the install themselves. Or so I have been told.
Sean

MODIFY the rear crossmember? WTF? Are you kidding me?

Rif that foil off and wrap a sandwich in it dude. It's like tin foil. It's hard to believe folks think it provides any structural integrity. :slap: :D

I never said it had much for structural integrity. :slap: By modifying I meant that they had to remove part or all of it so the receiver can fit. I don't think they will sell them unless they install the bumper themselves. Can't really understand why. A few instructions would be all that is needed.You just have to be smarter than the bumper. Have a couple :beer: :beer:
Sean.

yes that is by far the best looking/protecting/for the rear corners bumper i i have seen ,and after it was partially identified as a 4+ i looked in my maf catalog(no listing there) and their website and it does say installed only in globe arizona AND they have to have the truck for like 6 weeks(how much wheeling are they doing with my truck in all that time haha)(not to mention that its 2500.00+ my costs to get to arizona) :-/

anybody else seen a rear bumper/tire carrier that offers the rear quarter protection that we see in the 4+ bumper?

doug

Well for 6 weeks and $2,500 plus shipping ..... well, shees, that doesn't even deserve comment :slap: :slap:.

Holy crap. Uh, yeah, and should I send you the title while I'm at it, and how much ky will you use and uh, how long do I need to wait till I sit down again.

$2,500 + 6 weeks. I'm laughing so frickin hard that my frickin sutures just shot puss across the frickin room, bounced off the fat nurses buttocks, flinged off the bedpan, passed Wench's mouth, off Tyler's poser forehead, off some weird looking thong and out the window onto my bumper.

yes that is by far the best looking/protecting/for the rear corners bumper i i have seen ,and after it was partially identified as a 4+ i looked in my maf catalog(no listing there) and their website and it does say installed only in globe arizona AND they have to have the truck for like 6 weeks(how much wheeling are they doing with my truck in all that time haha)(not to mention that its 2500.00+ my costs to get to arizona) Ê :-/

anybody else seen a rear bumper/tire carrier that offers the rear quarter protection that we see in the 4+ bumper?

doug
Doug wait till you see what I got!
:D

Here is a couple of pics that Al C. of MAF sent me a good while back. The way I understand it they cut the frame rails off for the bumper which as you can see gives a better departure angle. I'm in the process of welding up a bumper now that uses ideas from several of the bumpers out there. It's easy to stand on the shoulders of the giants.
Bill

I'll be anxious to see what ya fab up photo. You always come up with something good. I don't think they would cut off any of the frame rail though - probably just cut off the tinfoil rear crossmember and grind some. Mine's as flush as theirs and there was no cutting of the frame rails.

yep,i thought the 2500.00 + take my truck to arizona for 6 weeks was the straw that broke the bumpers back as well...

hell,if i could get 6 weeks off without breaking my leg(and i did that last year,broke my leg i mean :D )i still would have a hard time coughing up the 2500.00......not to mention that i would lose the 6 weeks pay just to be gone that long!!!!!!!!!!!

to MAF's credit,when i e-mailed them they said they were still "months" away from a truely bolt on bumper,which i took to mean that it probably aint gonna happen!!!!!

oh well i think giving christo the business is the best way to go anyhow!!!!!

doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom