Skinny Toyota Wheel to suit M101CDN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look like the might just fit under the stock fenders or perhaps stick out no more than what could be covered by a rubber flare/lip. That would save the headache of fender modification.

Another approach if they're just slightly too wide would be to space the fenders away from the side of the trailer just enough to get coverage, then fill the gap between the fender and trailer wall by riveting or welding in a piece of metal to fill the gap. If you used a L-section, it could help support the fender more, too.

I also like skinny tire. I spent a long time deciding to replace from different approach my axle (or hubs) to fit Toyota bolt pattern rim. Every avenue involves expenses and modification which I did not want to go in... specially, widening the fender...

It end with new Dunlop SP Sand Grip 7.50X16 tire with M101 stock rims... which it look great and fit perfectly !

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

IMG_1399.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Where did you buy the sand grip tires?

I bought these tire in a industrial equipment dealer that sell 70 serie mine truck up here in Québec.

Absolutely. It will be a little bit as I am still waiting for my third wheel. Once it arrives all three will then be off to the powdercoater.

Hey, did these tires get installed. I'm curious to see how they look.

Sorry this is taking forever. My powdercoater has assured me I'll have wheels this week.

Oh my goodness, not exactly what I had hoped for, but maybe even better.

You need to find this guy.
image-jpg.1166788

Still no wheels. If I don't have them next week I'm going to pull them and go elsewhere.

That does look good and thanks for all the different angles. Good call on the antennas too. I can't see mine until it is already started sideways. Get embarrassing sometimes. It's not that I can't back up a trailer, I just can't do it blind. I end up jamming my head up against the sunroof to see it.

Last edited:
That does look good and thanks for all the different angles. Good call on the antennas too. I can't see mine until it is already started sideways. Get embarrassing sometimes. It's not that I can't back up a trailer, I just can't do it blind. I end up jamming my head up against the sunroof to see it.
Before I had them it was impossible to back up and I would sometimes wonder if the trailer was still there. I can just see it in the bottom of my mirror now that it is a little taller with the new tires. They were pretty easy to make, just a couple of bike flags from Canadian Tire and brackets to attach them to the tarp loop mounting holes.

A small lift shackle should get it right where I want it height wise. I'm very happy with the fit.

Checking in, Have you experienced any rubbing or otherwise undesirable behaviour?

Toyota hubs one spare between both units
Dunlop SandGrips 7.50x16

20181022_151854.jpg

20181022_151854.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom