Ski carrier on stock cross bars - need vertical mightymount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bloc

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all,
I found some older yakima ski carriers super cheap on CL and need to get them to work on my rig. I have a set of 23H Mightymounts but the ski carriers need a "V" vertical mightymount. I checked, there is no 23V.

Has anyone found a vertical mighty mount that works for us? Even if it's not perfect, close enough... The universal ones are sold out everwhere or I'd go that route.

If nothing bolts on I'll be trying to find some aluminum block or channel to adapt my 23H mounts to work.. but figure maybe someone had found a vertical part already.

Thanks

Find someone who messes with cad and 3d printing and have them print something up? I wouldn't be half surprised if there's already something on Thingiverse.

Last edited:
Yeah, I found those and ordered a set in 2018. Let me see if I can dig up the number.

on the 3d printed route, this looks nice. Reinforced with aluminum channel.

1641767158636.png

Yakima 10V
I was afraid of that..

Seems yakima has discontinued the mightymount line and the 10v appears to have sold out quicker than most.

I think I came up with something that will work out of 1/8" aluminum angle stock from the hardware store, but it will take forever to do all the cutting and drilling.

Thanks for the ideas everyone..

Find someone who messes with cad and 3d printing and have them print something up? I wouldn't be half surprised if there's already something on Thingiverse.

Would printed plastic deal with the tensile forces of wrapping around a bar then being tightened? And will it usually still be flexible enough to wrap around then close?

No 10Vs on eBay right now, but nine sets have sold since the beginning of December. Not sure when you need them by, but may just camp out on eBay until another set comes up.

Printed out of abs or maybe pteg, it'll be as good as anything sold by Yakima.

Thing is I don’t know how much time I have.. sitting back waiting for the right storm then will jump in the truck and head to salt lake or Durango.

I found some 1x1x1/8” aluminum angle at the hardware store for $12 and was able to rig up some adapters for my 23H mightymounts.

Safe to say it cost me more than some 10V mounts in time.. but at least it’s done. Ski rack for $32 plus the 23H’s that I already had..

@lx200inAR I didn’t think to check that ebay sold 9 sets. Might keep an eye out and snag a box just to keep my existing ones set up for summer shovel duty as they were.

The vertical web between the front and back faces is to keep them from pulling toward each other when tightening that bolt.

D7431B18-5631-43D1-9377-B37759C4C63F.jpeg

75362FB6-F190-4926-95A8-A7B719FEBDFC.jpeg

DCA25532-C89A-455C-B180-DBBC4C26944E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom