Single DINN - Alpine iLX-F309 HALO9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sleepy what would you like to add? What do you need microSD for?

I would like to be able to download offline maps onto a SD if possible and/or music/movies onto a thumb drive that can be plugged in all the time.

My previous double din had a slot for sd cards to update the nav software. This unit uses your phone for android auto or CarPlay. Your phone, android or iOS is more accurate than any installed navigation system (provided you keep it updated). I understand the need/want for offline use. The google app enables you to download “offline maps” to your phone, I would think it would work on the alpine display as the phone is the driving mechanism (I will test this soon). Some android phones have expansion slots for SD cards, you could go that route and put your SD cards into phone and dock the phone using the usb connection. You can load the movies onto your phone and play from that as well. If you like the Phoenix Tesla style run with that! Years ago in my land cruiser I had headrest monitors and dvd, personally I wouldn’t do it again because technology is changing so fast. DVDs are going away, the resolution on the monitors has improved substantially. I think we are moving towards a phone that does it all. Said phone will unlock/open your car, provide all of your personalized info/favorites (music, movies, seat position, climate/temp) etc.

6EAE6C29-2EA3-41E3-8CCC-3EA3E89982E0.jpeg

Sleepy,

Take a look at these “offline” articles. Also note that the Alpine ILX-f309 -and- the SiriusXM module have independent GPS antennas. I suspect the Alpine antenna (that connects to the receiver) is there to aid in navigation (see pic). On my GX I have both installed and still have the Lexus antenna and nav going (overkill 😁).

73B269AE-A629-4EBF-A786-B7B785B1B200.jpeg

Thanks. I figured out the offline maps. Looks like you can download certain areas. Would be cool if you could download specific routes, although that isn’t super important. I will check to see if the F259 has an antenna....I don’t know why it would need an antenna if it didn’t have GPS.

Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like you could also use the “Aux” input connection to add a second USB Or tie into the existing Lexus one (GX 07-09). The blue circle (pic) is the USB port and the red is the Aux input. I didn’t actually use this harness on my alpine but it is possible to tie into the speed sensor, etc; use the datalink, and the Aux input. The second pic shows the A/V to 3 -RCA adapter but you could also get a A/V plug to USB, or A/V plug to 3 RCA to USB (long way 😆).

FA8D7B83-164B-4F6D-A259-EF0FDCDB611E.jpeg

3327FE8A-F39F-49CB-8C3A-820BE2F42296.jpeg

Still considering this. Did your sound quality go up after installing this or stay around the same? I am considering just going with a BT45-Toy for Bluetooth, but I would rather have the bling on the inside. :)

My opinion is it’s better as you can fine tune your music in greater detail. Also, just took it through the Rockies. The GPS works without a cell signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom