Sierria Ancha run 9.15.12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Any interest?
Leaving ~7ish most likely Jen and I will be staying overnight. You can drive the run and return the same day. The run ends up in Young and starts south of Young. Never been on the trail, was recommended to me by a local ranchett (female rancher). Noted on the map as 4wd:meh:

Would love to go :frown: but getting the house ready for new flooring

I'd Love to go! Count me in, sign me up, put me in the mix- but wait, what's this I see? TOMORROW? No can do, maybe if I had a bit of notice...

Like... work? I don't have a choice now, it's scheduled.

I am in!!!! Where do I meet you Phil?

Take lots of pictures. Be careful, the slithery ones are still out and caution is the word of the day

Phil?????

I am in!!!! Where do I meet you Phil?

Sorry Tony :frown:- Phil and I met at 07:30 at 92nd & Shea - Didn't check the thread at 04:40...:whoops:

Turned out to be about 15 hours and a tad over 300 miles. Beautiful day, no real challenging terrain, great sights and a daylong wildlife exhibit. Its late, I'm tired, but maybe a teaser...

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

cool! more pics please :)

Great looking Gila Monster. Where are the pictures of the ruins?

Didnt make it to the ruins this time have some good info for next time. Trying to get out again today weather is great. Here are a couple more teaser pics from yesterday.

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

Nice! Looks like there was much to see. I will catch up next time

It was a fun day - started off with me only 10 minutes late. Then gas at the turn off for the trail. two 80's, Jennifer climbs in my truck as we are leaving the gas station, close the door, looks at me and says "I'm in the wrong truck! I don't care if I insult you guys, THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!"

Two minutes later we made the obligatory right turn, u-turn, left turn combo, then saw the Gila beast. Then miles and miles and miles of dirt road...and cool mountain landscape all around.

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

As previously documented, old abandoned cars are among the historical points of interest. Forensic analysis indicated that they were made of steel (Phil examined it, licked it, and indicated origins around the Great Lakes and between 1939 and 1942:hmm:). It was determined these suffered a well known cause of failure:hillbilly:
(I think it was here that Jennifer called us out for sniffing each other's trucks:eek:)

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

Last edited:
So then, immediately behind us is a mound of earth and a pile of rocks to our right. Turns out it was an old mine - asbestos of all things! (as evidenced by the mound of leavings...):eek:

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

Next we found ourselves at a place called Cherry Creek Ranch, where a Catahoula puppy conducted a comparative analysis

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

comparitive analysis ? :lol:

Dude - wash yo feet! :doh:

........Jennifer climbs in my truck as we are leaving the gas station, close the door, looks at me and says "I'm in the wrong truck! I don't care if I insult you guys, THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!"

So much for the "chicks dig snorkels" argument.:eek::whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom