Side Step / Running Board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed in the Readers Rides section that there was this picture of Jacknasty's 80. Nice truck Jack.

I would like to paint my running boards black and would like some suggestions on what to use to create a good finish that will endure. What have you used Jack? Any suggestions anyone?

My side steps do get a bit of use and I'm wary of painting them and then having the metal show through the paint in a few months.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

Jim,
If I'm not mistaken those running boards on Jacks truck are stock -- I don't think he painted them.
If you looking for a good non-slip finish with high abrasion resistance try a spray on liner such as Line-X or Rhino Liner. I had a Diamond Liner (same sort of stuff) in the back of my last pickup and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. These places are all over the US and I have to believe you can find them on your side of the puddle.

The spray on bedliners are great. The stuff is tough as hell. I've sprayed Duplicolor's bedliner on my flares and rocker panels... I plan to do my mirrors next.

I prefer rock rash on the sliders. :D

So you get:

Blood on the front bumper
Rock rash on the sliders
Mud on the inside
Scratches and dents on the sides
BMW paint flakes on top of the camo/rock rash rear bumper
.... and no green in the pockets. :slap: :(

Jim,

Jack's truck is a Yota not Lexus. Only the Lexus comes color matched to the body. Yota's are standard black (at least at the model years we're looking at here. &nbsp:Don't know about the newer models. My '94 is certainly stock black.

Jim,
The US Toyota models with factory running boards have a long black rubber piece running the full length of the running board. It is basically snapped in to holes on the running board. The remainder of the metal pieces of the rb are painted/powdercoated black.  The black rubber piece has the Toyota logo or lettering... I can't remember which.
-B-

Sorry I am so late to chime in

The running boards have rubber attached to them. I don't like it that much because there are spots (where I step in and out) that are starting to wear or crack because of high traffic. My buddy just bought a "Rhyno lining" type of business, so I am going to have him do my running boards, roof rack and possibly the whole undercarriage. He will only charge me for materials, so I am going to do as much as I can.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment. :D

I prefer rock rash on the sliders. :D

So you get:

Blood on the front bumper
Rock rash on the sliders
Mud on the inside
Scratches and dents on the sides
BMW paint flakes on top of the camo/rock rash rear bumper
.... and no green in the pockets. :slap: :(

Blood stains on the flare are still there from when I hacked off the end of my thumb last month
Sliders were so rock rashed they went in the dumpster
pretty much no plastic, vinyl or leather inside without mud on it
well scratched and dented
A big chunk of Chevy bumper hanging off the receiver as a warning to others that follow too close. :D
Do I get the Junk seal of approval?

There's a guy up here that has a rig with rhino lined running boards, ARB front bar and Kaymar rear. Looks pretty snazzy.
The best way to make stock running boards look good is throw them in the neighbor's bushes.

Blood stains on the flare are still there from when I hacked off the end of my thumb last month
Sliders were so rock rashed they went in the dumpster
pretty much no plastic, vinyl or leather inside without mud on it
well scratched and dented
A big chunk of Chevy bumper hanging off the receiver as a warning to others that follow too close. :D
Do I get the Junk seal of approval?

There's a guy up here that has a rig with rhino lined running boards, ARB front bar and Kaymar rear. Looks pretty snazzy.
The best way to make stock running boards look good is throw them in the neighbor's bushes.

Way to go Gumby.
grinning-smiley-039.gif

Your own blood on your cruiser is always a good sign. :eek: :D
welding2_02.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom