show off your hi-lift mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I take it that you consider Ventura to be "local"
LOL!!!

I can't count how many times I've tried to use one of those in sand gravel mud, and thought why don't these things have just a flat plate instead of wheels, but never thought of that solution...if you make them let me know how much

I may be interested in the skid plate. I think I'm local when I'm at home. I live 65 miles N of SD.
When I get home in June I'll be having a 4X4 labs rear installed. YOu have a great Idea there. Sorry for hi-jacking the original Hi-Lift thread. A mounting bracket for you sledded floor jack would be great as well, I'd just have to come up with a place to mount it.
Thanks

At this stage I'm not going to promise anything as I've seen a lot of these sorts of things flounder on the rocks. I am working on getting the dims to the guy who can do a short production run and then I'll know if it is reasonable enough to pursue.

The way that I would work it is to supply the unpainted finished part and the SKU for the Harbor Freight jack that it is made to fit.

The way that I would work it is to supply the unpainted finished part and the SKU for the Harbor Freight jack that it is made to fit.

Not only do you have a great idea; you also are on to an excellent way to supply it! :idea:

Nice going!

Sorry to be so far off the hi-lift thing. I don't have a wealth of 'wheeling experience to draw on, but I just think the modified floor jack would be a lot handier than a hi-lift.

Sorry to be so far off the hi-lift thing. I don't have a wealth of 'wheeling experience to draw on, but I just think the modified floor jack would be a lot handier than a hi-lift.

Not to mention 10000 times safer

Aren't there some tie down holes inside in the back? Seems like a good place to mount it would be diagonally across the back. Low and secure. No rust. No mud.
Has anyone done it that way?

revised for brevity

Last edited:
Let's not turn this into a hi-lift vs other options debate. I don't need that heat. :(
I have my own opinions about hi-lifts, that have already been stated here & elsewhere. 'Nuff said on that.

So as to contain the pollution of this thread I will post a redirect for those interested in the skid once I've heard from the powers that be on how they want it handled, and have a number. Still need to confirm that the jack that I used is still available from HF. Life drama (stolen ID) and prep for a 5 day trip into the hinterlands of Nevada late next week have gotten in the way of the skid project. I expect to get back on this early next week.

DSCN2292.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom