Show me your rear end . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone got any pics of their rear end showing the stock license bracket mount, bumper set-up, footman loops, reflectors, etc.?

There's two threaded holes on the bottom of my swing-out style (driver side) tailgate (directly below the license plate mount) that are 4" apart. Any idea what they're for?? :confused:

(FYI - This particular donor tailgate door may've come from an early FJ-40.)

I don't have any picture of the 25s rear end (my 25s are kinda shy) but here is a couple of pictures of a 1963 FJ40 I have in town. The gates came off of a 1969 I think but the license plate bracket should be the same as an early 40. The two threaded holes are for the license plate bracket.

John
Img_0549.jpg
Img_0550.jpg

For a guy who forgets what a 25 rear end looks like, John has a pretty nice one on his soft top. (ignore the tail lights).
license light.JPG

Eric's is looking pretty good for a hardtop, if you ignore the can carrier and picture tail lights back there. ;)
Madsen03.jpg

My rear end is butt ugly. :doh:

I didn't say I forgot, I said my 25 was shy. I am glad you blocked out the license plate numbers. I think the last time that plate current was back in the eighties. I haven't lived in Oregon since the seventies.

But I think Steve is talking about the license plate bracket on the tail gate, or am I confused again.

John

Last edited:
That's your plate? :D

I think Steve was asking two things:
What the stock rear looks like?
And what are these holes in my (not a FJ25) tailgate door?
So your not confused. ;p

Living in the Past said:
The two threaded holes are for the license plate bracket.
Ah ha!!! Those are the two holes I was talking about. :) Didn't realize that on that particular gate, the lower holes are for the license plate and the upper bracket is for the license plate light. :doh:

BTW, nice rear end, John.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
I think Steve was asking two things: What the stock rear looks like? And what are these holes in my (not a FJ25) tailgate door?
10-4!! Yep, I just wanted to get an idea of what's close to being a stock layout on the rear of a 25, and what those two holes were for (which I just now figured out).

Seems like the common consensus is that 25s DIDN'T have their plates mounted on the tailgate at all. (Now that I think about it, that was the case with my first 25 way back when.)

Fox's rear end is gettin busy.....

Since this is a tough crowd, rear step only came with split doors not dropgate in back (AFAIK). Looks good though. ;)

Steve the license plate bracket mount to the bottom two holes but also is attached to the bracket that the light mounts to. The light mounts on the outside and the license plate bracket goes on the inside of the backet. The picture doesn't show it very clearly but the bracket is attached by four bolts.

John

Living in the Past said:
Steve the license plate bracket mount to the bottom two holes but also is attached to the bracket that the light mounts to.
Ah, ha!! That makes sense.

Does anybody happen to have one of those types of license plate bracket and/or light they're willing to part with/sell?

Ah, back in the days when I had the 25, 60, and 80 lined up in the AZ driveway.

cruiserman said:
Ah, back in the days when I had the 25, 60, and 80 lined up in the AZ driveway.
Yes, those were the days, my friend.

Anyway, here are my primed tailgates waiting to be shot maybe this weekend. (Fortunately, the slightly dinged one will be hiding behind the spare tire.)
Tailgates2.jpg

foxfab said:
Other corner Steve :)

:D You know...................where the four holes were.;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom