Show me your rear end . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quote: Landcruisersteve You mean to the "far left??" Then the color should be pinko.

You do know Steve to do it right you will have to get a license plate bracket on the left corner. Fill the two threaded holes in the left gate, remove the top bracket fill the hole for the light wire. Now move the emblem over to the left tailgate, to the far left:grinpimp:

John

:doh: Didn't think about it. Is the hartop emblem on the far left of the left gate? Makes sense with the tire carrier. Then you wouldn't be able to keep that improper FJ40 plate holder. :)

Living in the Past said:
Fill the two threaded holes in the left gate, remove the top bracket fill the hole for the light wire. Now move the emblem over to the left tailgate, to the far left
To the far left, you say??

My 25 just might be adverse to such "far left" conventionality, especially now that it's been identified as "Fidel's other FJ25" (the one that barely escaped the communist regime, and took solace at a young age by hiding out in a pineapple farm in Hawaii).

The trauma that this truck has been through then and now, yet still able to maintain its optimistic spirit and youthful bezel-less appearance, has earned it the right to flee any further persecution and dictatorship-like demands of unified far-left conformity.

It's a 1959 FJ25 that found its refuge in Hawaii, a country that coincidentally became part of the United States that very same year. Though it may be foreign and different in its ways to many of you, it now stands proud as an American! And, it WILL wear that badge of honor proudly . . . . regardless of which end of its tailgate that badge is worn!!

( ;) ;) )

I have a plan for you Steve. I have a 75/76 tire carrier that if mounted on the left side allow you put the emblem in the far right.:) I'll trade you for the right side tire carrier. Either way is OK with us, the days of Senator Joe McCarthy are long gone so no one will judge you here regardless where your Made in America "TOYOTA" emblem is mounted on your Japanese truck.:)

John

Living in the Past said:
Either way is OK with us, the days of Senator Joe McCarthy are long gone so no one will judge you here regardless where your Made in America "TOYOTA" emblem is mounted on your Japanese truck.:)
Thank you, John. You have brought a tear to my eye, and my FJ25 feels this embracement of love and acceptance. I will never forget this special moment.

you guys really need to make this thread go away before i get drunk and i do show you my rear end :flipoff2:

nuclearlemon said:
you guys really need to make this thread go away before i get drunk and i do show you my rear end :flipoff2:
Do we need to get drunk before we see it?? :D

Bring it on, Ige. It's Thanksgiving!!

And, a Happy Thanksgiving to all my Cruiser buds. :cheers:

Now, where did I put that turkey . . . . . . ??
Turkey.jpg

foxfab said:
Mike, did you ever track down any OEM style and size footman loops?? As you can see, I'm going to need to either add three, or take off three (and I just as soon not have to plug any holes).
Tailgates3a.jpg

Steve on the footman loops on the 25s they were not spot welded but put with screws and nuts on the soft tops. They weren't use on the hard tops. So I would says take the three on the left gate off. Just drill the small hole in the center. You could grind them off but Mike and others are looking for them.

John

Good idea, John. If I can get them off without chewing them up too bad, they're all yours if you still need them, Mike.

Bolts or screws??

For the swing-out tailgate hardware, do the hinges and latches use the 10mm bolts or the phillips screw heads??

And, should they be zinc colored or body color??

:confused:

Quote: Landcruisersteve For the swing-out tailgate hardware, do the hinges and latches use the 10mm bolts or the phillips screw heads??

I never seen a FJ25 hard top but on the early 40s it's a phllips screw head and painted body color. It's typical Toyota, where they should of used a bolt we got screwed.

John

Well, since my supply of phillips screw heads is pretty well depleated, I'm going with body-colored hex head bolts for the time being (just so all the hardware will match).

(Let's just hope there aren't any hinge hardware police out there that catch me before I "get screwed." ;) )

Landcruisersteve said:
Well, since my supply of phillips screw heads is pretty well depleated, I'm going with body-colored hex head bolts for the time being (just so all the hardware will match).

(Let's just hope there aren't any hinge hardware police out there that catch me before I "get screwed." ;) )

McMaster-Carr.......McMaster-Carr...................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom