Show me your air locker switch locations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or this…..

CAB47AEF-4860-4AA2-B741-E35BCFE70E4D.jpeg

Reactions: jhg
I don’t see any dimensions or reference says they fit a 200. have you used these? I think it’s the “small” CH4x4 switches that fit the OEM panels.
Yes, I have the spot light one. The dimmer works with the factory switches and the spot symbols light when the spots are on
IMG_20221115_133617455_HDR.jpg

Excellent! I’ll be giving you guys a call. I’m thinking I would relo my CDL to that panel and use the other slot for the compressor switch.
Hey @cruiseroutfit, I got my switch from you guys but as it doesn't come with any wiring harness, I will need to build one. I'm collecting the parts for that like the OEM connector/plug to mate with the rotary switch and I need to figure out what I need on the other end that connects to the compressor solenoids. I don't have the ARB solenoids in my hands yet to look at. I know Cruiseroutfitters doesn't sell a harness but it seems you have made them, at least for the Maltek conversions. Do the ARB solenoids come with the mating connectors or do I have to find those somewhere else? I think this is the correct solenoid:

Amazon product ASIN B00042JHT4
Also, does anyone who has used this switch on ARB air locker solenoids, have a wiring diagram? I know this is simple, but I have history of screwing up simple things that involve wires. I see 3 pins in the rotary switch and each solenoid seems to have two wires. I assume I just tap into a power wire in the cab and run it to the rotary switch and then to each solenoid. Then connect the negative pin on the solenoids to ground? Do I need a relay? I don't know the amp rating of the switch or what the solenoids need. I know this is really basic stuff but I'm electrically challenged....

EDIT: So I just googled to find the ARB wiring diagram as I am not with the truck and don't have the compressor docs with me. It seems the ARB harness has all I need to connect to the locker solenoids, but I still need to figure out how to connect the rotary switch to "switch 1 and 2" on the ARB diagram and get the mating connectors.

1669855908832.png

Last edited:
We make the harnesses. Did you buy our locker harness terminal/connector kit, part# ELEC60020TK?

It comes with the terminals, plastic connector housing and a pin out diagram.

ARB soul noise come with their connector and are included with the locker. The compressor comes with the other connector

We make the harnesses. Did you buy our locker harness terminal/connector kit, part# ELEC60020TK?

It comes with the terminals, plastic connector housing and a pin out diagram.

ARB soul noise come with their connector and are included with the locker. The compressor comes with the other connector
Thanks. When I called to order the switch I asked if you sold a harness and was told no, which, if I'm understanding you, is true but you do sell the mating connector separately. I didn't think to ask about that and didn't realize the switch didn't come with the connector. I can order the kit you referenced above for that.

FWIW, I found this that has some useful information:

the thread contains the Toyota part numbers for the switch, connector and pin/splices. There is ale a link to a Toyota wiring harness repair manual which has some good general info in it.

Thanks. When I called to order the switch I asked if you sold a harness and was told no, which, if I'm understanding you, is true but you do sell the mating connector separately. I didn't think to ask about that and didn't realize the switch didn't come with the connector. I can order the kit you referenced above for that.

Correct, we build the harnesses using the parts from the ARB compressor.... otherwise you'd be buying those parts twice. Thus we don't sell it retail at this time. The connector kit will be everything you need if you've already purchased a compressor.

Correct, we build the harnesses using the parts from the ARB compressor.... otherwise you'd be buying those parts twice. Thus we don't sell it retail at this time. The connector kit will be everything you need if you've already purchased a compressor.
Thanks for the help. I did find a harness sold by Wits-End just now but its $85. After I get the Toyota connector for the switch, the rest is just wire. Their site does provide a very useful wiring diagram though and some other useful information:

1669863983971.png

So I've been starring at the ARB and the Wits' End diagrams and working out in my head how they are supposed to work which I believe I understand. The Wits' End diagram puzzled me for a while because they are using the rotary switch to switch the negative side of the circuits. As such, they have to reverse the ARD solenoid wires and cut the original grounding path from the solenoids. I believe this all works but I just had in my head switching the positive like this:

1669948175623.png

Switching the positive seems a little easier and avoids cutting and modifying the original ARB wiring. I think that functionally, it works either way. Does it matter in any other way which side (+ or -) you switch? Maybe its better for a switch in the dash to be grounded?

No reason that wouldn’t work. Grounding the switch side makes sense if you need a ground switching circuit for the factory dash bulbs on a 7x or 8x for example.

No reason that wouldn’t work. Grounding the switch side makes sense if you need a ground switching circuit for the factory dash bulbs on a 7x or 8x for example.
Ahh!, thats it. The Wits' End kit is intended for an 80 with factory locker indicators. Thanks. I'm probably going with my diagram on the positive side, though I did have though about adding some kind of lighted indicator.

Ahh!, thats it. The Wits' End kit is intended for an 80 with factory locker indicators. Thanks. I'm probably going with my diagram on the positive side, though I did have though about adding some kind of lighted indicator.

Exactly why it's done that way. Outside of that, no reason. We're lighting up some factory 8x dash lights with an ARB & factory switch combo today in fact :cool:

20221202_114209.jpg

So I was at Olathe Toyota and they had the connector part (90980-10631) for $4.50 so I picked that up. They had the splices too (82998-12170) but they are splices with a short piece if wire attached not just the metal female pins for the connector. I'd prefer to avoid additional splices/connections in the harness if I'm going to make a harness. Does anyone have the part number for just the pins? The Parts guy at Olathe Toyota said he couldn't get just the pins. I'm looking for something like this:

Amazon product ASIN B01F7S5JSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom