Shock pairing for Dobinson tapered springs. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t have the numbers but here is how my Dobinsons sit with 3” tapered. I also have stage 4 slinky shocks installed. I believe my numbers were very close to what GW Nugget stated.
View attachment 1658277
You must have had a heavy load in the cargo area that day? she's sitting lower in the rear than i would expect when not carrying a considerable load.

Just a little gear in the back. 3rd row seats. 4x4 labs rear bumper with tank holder and tire holder.

Those are the shocks for the 3" lift. The best all-around to use with the coils for up and down travel. Usually with VT coils and those wanting to go with full long travel, they would run our 4" or 6" shocks, but it all depends if you want to add all the other parts to handle the full down travel. You also have to add bump stops, so you lose up travel, but gain more down travel. You can gain one thing, but lose something out, so you have to choose which balance you want to go with.

Rock crawlers and flex-addicts, go with the 4" or 6" lengths, but overlanders and family trucksters, I usually recommend the 3" shocks to go with the 3" lift and not have to add all the other parts for long travel, since they don't need the extra down travel and reduced up-travel.
Hi can you or @ David Otero give me a PM with contact info I need to decide on Dobinson’s lift components

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom