Shock mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm thinking of running rear 60series springs. This moves the axle centerline back about 1.5-2". If I keep my lower mounts stock, I will have to move the crossmember or?? I want to run longer shocks so I will have to move the pins inboard anyhow. What did you guys do when running different length springs? I guess with the 55 springs or flipped 40 springs the shocks can be mounted from the rear of the crossmember?
Also, by how much does the Ford front shock mount lengthen the height of the attachment point. Two inches, four inches?? Just trying to figure out if this is a better way to go than lengthening the stock brackets. The ford product looks good and more than that looks like MUCH less work ::)

I did custom from towers originally and just replaced them with the Ford towers...MUCH nicer. Two thumbs up from me :D IIRC, it's about 3" taller.

In the rear I originally did a custom bracket to locate the shock mount behind the crossmember. Recently switched it to a custom crosstube with sleeved/bolted mounts. Both work well.

Thanks Woody :D. Three inches taller, sounds good, I can use 10" stroke shocks that way without lowering the bumpstops :D. Those were selling for about $30 each from Ford right?
Maybe a custom tube in the rear could work better than relocating the stock one, hmmmm. 8)

$35 a pair or so, $17 each.

And I used 14" stroke shocks...go for LOTS of droop!

Lots of droop sounds great, but I don't think I could fit shocks that long on it unless I go SOA. I'll save that project for later perhaps. For now, I just want to get the most out of my lowrider 8) :D. This is my first LC so I'm building it up slowly. Ton's of great info on this website tho Woody, REALLY helps to learn from others trial and error.

at least wait to buy shocks after twisting it up a bit....I ran 2.5" softrides with a 1.5" shackle reversal and my custom towers and while I didin't use the entire 14" stroke of the shocks, the long length did not limit them in any way either....

worth a "real world" test versus just eyeballing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom