shock mounts on SOA fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im gettin ready for a spring over on talula my fj60 but i noticed that the shocks mounts to the base paltes of the u bolts. so if you fliped them and moved the base plates to the other side of rig that it was orginally on ...(as in the front right base plate to the front left, that it would be fliped and upside down) so i could just attch the shocks back to the base plates where they are now.. is that a good idea.. or should i just relocate the shock mounts to the axle if so should i just make my own or are there some good cheap ones out there..??? thanxs al

i am running the setup that you described with the rotation of the existing plates. the only problem that i encounter is an occasional "bottoming out". it only happens when i am wheeling with a full load. but, if you ran the shock down to the axle, you would have less downward travel. decisions, decisions.

sweet thanks for responding 4d00rfj im gonna run the stock springs with a 2 inch shackel lift...so my next question is how long do i order my shocks????

after you are done with relocating springs, steering, driveshafts, etc...take you rig and ramp it w/out shocks. take measurements from shock mount to shock mount at each corner. You will now know the compressed length and the expanded length of each shock at each corner (ie: in the rear, one side compressed, one side expanded. same for the front). The front and the rear might be different. So take these numbers and find a shock that matches these measurements accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom