Shmukster Gets an Overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys thanks for all the kind (???) words. Had open heart surgery to have my aortic valve replaced along with a section of my aorta which had a bad aneurism on it. Knew about this in June and made a commitment at that time but to not have it done until November. That was because of the Colorado trip ad getting the Fall Crawl and fall gathering events in October.
The surgery went very well, so good in fact that I was released from the hospital Sunday, a day earlier than originally figured. I'm at home now, looks like we got the dosing of the percocet straightened out, moving around pretty well and just trying to get back into a good sleeping routine. Yes I do have the big zipper looking scar on my upper chest and the two holes where the drainage tubes were passing through my skin. All in all everything wet very well.

Glad to hear the good news buddy. God speed with recovery.

Hold on to the pillow!! So glad do be done with that.

I had my mitral repaired.

Geez Andy not on the trails for awhile. Can't drive for at least four weeks and a ten pound lifting restriction for tat time frame. Maybe February or so for me to get on the trails again.

Stay healthy Gary, We can not afford to loose you any time soon, too many cruisers to part out! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Rob

glad you're healing up Gary! let me know next time you roll through here...

Glad to hear you're up and about, Gary. You're truly one of a kind, and the community awaits your rapid recovery.

All is well, going through rehab right now and getting some muscle back. My first twelve post-op weeks are behind me and most of the restrictions have been lifted.Been shoveling snow carefully as needed the last two weeks and looking forward to getting back out on the wheeling trail next Saturday with the club!

All is well, going through rehab right now and getting some muscle back. My first twelve post-op weeks are behind me and most of the restrictions have been lifted.Been shoveling snow carefully as needed the last two weeks and looking forward to getting back out on the wheeling trail next Saturday with the club!
Glad to hear all is good. Funny thing, I was thinking about you this morning. I'm getting a sonogram right now and that made me think about your experience, which I'm sure was way more traumatizing than mine.

Anything other than farm animals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom