Wanted Set FJ40 third members 3.7 gears found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Darkwing58

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m am looking to for a set of FJ40 3rd members with 3.7 gears. Will be going in a 1972 FJ40.

you can expand your search to use 60 series diffs also. they are the same and more plentiful.
I've got 60 series diffs in MT if you don't find some closer.
you will also need the slip yoke end to match the diff flange.

Thanks for the information ref 60 diffs.
In MN, not Many 40’s here about. What would you want for them? And did not realize I needed the slip yoke. Do you have them too? If so let me know what you need for all.

Thanks

what you need is the companion flange to match the dimensions of the later diffs which are a larger pattern than your current 1972 flanges.
it is easier to get the slip yoke end which will slide into your existing driveshafts and swap the driveshafts so the slip yoke is towards the diff end. that way you have the correct length driveshaft with the correct flanges on each end.
the u joints are different also between early and late.
need a zip code for a shipping guess.

55005 is my zip
Good inf. Thanks.

I've got some late model fj40 axles (1980)complete front and rear. That way u get disc brakes , fine splines and 3.70 gearing. I'm in WI. Not too far away if your looking to upgrade. Pm me if interested..

Sounds good, would be interested. What do you want for them. What’s the condition?

what you need is the companion flange to match the dimensions of the later diffs which are a larger pattern than your current 1972 flanges.
it is easier to get the slip yoke end which will slide into your existing driveshafts and swap the driveshafts so the slip yoke is towards the diff end. that way you have the correct length driveshaft with the correct flanges on each end.
the u joints are different also between early and late.
need a zip code for a shipping guess.

I hooked up an got a set of FJ40 disk brake axles in 3:70 gearing.
Thanks for you time and assistance in this matter
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom