Servicing OME LTR Reservoir Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me to a manual for the old OME LTR Reservoir shocks? I had to replace the reservoir hoses and I can't find any information as to what oil to run (probably mid-weight shock oil I gather) or what volume of oil to add. I have the Nitrogen filling set up ready to go and they worked great before; I'm not interested in replacing them with new shocks.

Thanks!

After a few emails to ARB I finally called them and got some answers: Old Man Emu LTR shocks take 1 Liter of 10 weight shock oil.

The filling procedure is fairly involved but I’m looking forward to taking the shocks apart and hoping they work again when I’m done lol.

Just thought I’d post this in case anyone else searches for the same info on here ✌️

I've got a set of these on my chopped '91 that REALLY need a rebuild. Looking forward to what you find out when you do it. Right now I'm focused on getting my '76 up to par. Thanks for the info! Let me know what seals, etc. you end up needing to replace. Did you ever talk to ARB about them rebuilding and a cost estimate? Thanks.

I've got a set of these on my chopped '91 that REALLY need a rebuild. Looking forward to what you find out when you do it. Right now I'm focused on getting my '76 up to par. Thanks for the info! Let me know what seals, etc. you end up needing to replace. Did you ever talk to ARB about them rebuilding and a cost estimate? Thanks.
I didn't ask ARB about rebuilding them since mine were working fine before I tried to reinstall them and the hose failed. I'm really hoping I don't have to mess with the internals or replace any parts since these shocks are obsolete.

FWIW, this is what ARB Tech Support sent:

Attachments

• LTRTK1.pdf
    349.9 KB · Views: 94
Thanks so much for sharing that! It helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom