** SEPTEMBER 28/29 MONTHLY RUN ** Bottom of Salt River Canyon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a map or trail description for this run? Looking at my Tonto National Forest Map the route is not obvious. I like to be able to navigate independently if needed.

Where are you planning to camp? Is the trail a dead end or can you head out to the Young road and out that way?

Looking forward to it!

This sounds like a very cool run that I've never done. Count me in for the run but not the camping.

Is there a map or trail description for this run? Looking at my Tonto National Forest Map the route is not obvious. I like to be able to navigate independently if needed.

Where are you planning to camp? Is the trail a dead end or can you head out to the Young road and out that way?

Looking forward to it!

http://goo.gl/maps/rfnmQ

Map ^^^

Dirt starts at A Guessing ~9 AM
~37.8 miles of dirt to Camping at G*
~9 miles of dirt G to pavement

Arriving at camp site ~2pm including lunch

Approx. 100 miles (2hours) of pavement back to the Phoenix area

*May need to change camping area depending on weather. "G" is only 3000' in elevation. TBD on trail day

:cheers:

How many HAM's will be attending this run besides Puulboy and myself?

For those interested, you are allowed to carry in your vehicle (not on your person) as long as you have a current AZ CCW permit.
I verified with the WM Police Department this morning.

:confused: Just checked the on-site paper permit I have and there is nothing about start and end time.:confused:

I will call WMAT tomorrow and get a ruling.

The administrative authority for the area was at camp today:confused: and I was ask to call back tomorrow and someone SHOULD:rolleyes: be available to talk to. No one else in the building to answer any questions. And I thought our government agencies were lazy and unorganized.:frown:

Update or are they still on holiday?

The administrative authority for the area was at camp today:confused: and I was ask to call back tomorrow and someone SHOULD:rolleyes: be available to talk to. No one else in the building to answer any questions. And I thought our government agencies were lazy and unorganized.:frown:

Maybe only one monkey can fly. He's the guy to contact.;)

I do remember the San Carlos permits did expire at midnight.:meh:

I'm confused. Don't worry it happens all the time...:p

This is from the White Mountain Game and Fish site.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/C-Fish/Untitled_zps62ef40d5.jpg

So, I need two days of passes for this run? Friday and Saturday (not camping).

Phil mentions above that the pass is good for 2 days...:confused:

Update or are they still on holiday?

Everyone has left for the day.....you could try back in the morning:rolleyes:

Finally was able to talk with Sherman who is in charge of the WMAT Special Permits for Salt River Canyon.

Sherman said no problem just enter the date we will be traveling. Also I have a couple extra blank permits where up to 5 other people can be added if we get to the start and there is no other permits.

Sign me up for the run and camping!:clap::cool::D

Thanks Phil!

Thank you for all your help and searching for information Phil..
Could not have organized this run without your help! :cheers:

in for the day run. Mark we should carrryyyvannnn

I will be on 146.46 ham and I suppose I will throw my cb in too LOL

Will there be any fishing opportunities ? Need to plan what we bring!

Thanks, N

Phil, is the camping spot(s) near the river?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom