Sensitive car alarm Lexus GX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

xlx

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 2003 GX470 that has a sensitive car alarm that goes off without reason. Is there an easy way to disable without causing other problems?

OEM or aftermarket alarm?

If its OEM most likely your battery is getting bad.

OEM. The alarm goes of sporadically. Never had problems before. Battery seems to crank fine, but I’ll check it out. Was thinking about pulling a fuse but didn’t want to cause any additional problems. Your in Ohio correct? Thanks for the reply.

OEM or aftermarket alarm?

If its OEM most likely your battery is getting bad.

This. That is the first sign of your key fob losing battery. My son's 4th gen did it too.

The key fob battery makes sense. What type battery does it take? Can you get them at Walmart? I hate to go to Lexus for anything. Thanks for the reply.

The key fob battery makes sense. What type battery does it take? Can you get them at Walmart? I hate to go to Lexus for anything. Thanks for the reply.
Yep. I got some lithium at the grocery

Reactions: xlx
My key took a CR1616 but I'd just order it on Amazon. The 2 stores that I went to didn't have that size. Its the same price or less anyway

Thank you

Mine goes off at the gas station when I go to get back in the car if I didnt lock it for some reason. if i lock it and unlock it with the fob it wont go off

Reactions: xlx
I think it's due to old, unsealed relays. High humidity environments can do this. The newer electronic versions will do it too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom