Sell air deflector or trash it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As you may or may not know, i have sold my 2004 LC. I had just purchased the wind deflector for the hood and now that i dont own the truck anymore, i dont need it......Its going to be a bitch to ship, so do i just trash it? Anyone near Richmond, VA need one?

Get a price from the UPS store to box and ship it. Put it up for sale in the for sale forum. Better than trashing it!

Don't trash it! I remember there was someone on this forum who was looking for one ('03+ type)...might have been bluestar.

how'd you make out on selling it? what did you replace it with?

aedgington said:
how'd you make out on selling it? what did you replace it with?

The air deflector? It hasnt sold yet and im not replacing it with anything..I sold the LC.

yahtzee said:
The air deflector? It hasnt sold yet and im not replacing it with anything..I sold the LC.

no, lol, the cruiser.

aedgington said:
no, lol, the cruiser.

lol..i thought thats what you meant but hate to assume...Sold the LC to a dealer that i bought a new RL from. At the end of the day i only lost about 2k over 3 months. Had i not known the owner of the dealership i doubt i would have considered such a transaction. Got the RL for $500 over invoice with some nice extra's and he even delivered it to my office, 100 miles away. (recently moved)

yahtzee said:
lol..i thought thats what you meant but hate to assume...Sold the LC to a dealer that i bought a new RL from. At the end of the day i only lost about 2k over 3 months. Had i not known the owner of the dealership i doubt i would have considered such a transaction. Got the RL for $500 over invoice with some nice extra's and he even delivered it to my office, 100 miles away. (recently moved)

What did he give you for the cruiser? I have to ask, since I'm in the car business :)

aedgington said:
What did he give you for the cruiser? I have to ask, since I'm in the car business :)

He gave me a net trade value of 42k.

Just curious as to why you sold it? 2004 is prime Cruiser vintage! ;)

Acura makes a nice product, though.

dclee said:
Just curious as to why you sold it? 2004 is prime Cruiser vintage! ;)

Acura makes a nice product, though.
Realized pretty quickly that i missed the feel of the road. I miss driving a car. Huge fan of exit ramps and just wasnt feeling it with the 100. Love the LC for what it is - just not for me.

yahtzee said:
Realized pretty quickly that i missed the feel of the road. I miss driving a car. Huge fan of exit ramps and just wasnt feeling it with the 100. Love the LC for what it is - just not for me.

Ahh, then you shoulda bought that other Acura product... the NSX! ;) Anyway, can't begrudge you that choice. The new RLs are very nice.

On the deflector, I am not usually a fan of these things, but the one for the 100 is actually quite nice and low profile, not some huge black blot on the aethetics of the vehicle's nose (like that horrible one for the 80 Series). When combined with a black powder-coated bullbar, the look is actually very complimentary.

My $0.02,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom