selectable vs full time lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

given i picked up my detroit for about 1/5th the price, i took the gamble

offroad in the rocks/ washouts i love it

in the mud hills i sometimes wish it was selectable, but i can deal with it no worries

onroad it's the best thing to happen to my 40 ever.

Picture a snow covered trail, maybe a foot or so. As it goes around an uphill corner to the left the steep sidehill off to your right drops off about 15' or so before the treeline. As the trail makes the corner it has a definete lean to the right. (the downhill side) With open diffs you'll just sit and spin and never even get to the corner. with a nonselectable front locker you lose all control of lateral movement, as soon as you hit the gas the front end will slide downhill and you're off the road. In my opinion,(which don't mean sh*t) a lockrite or aussie in the back is great, but you have to have more control in the front. I say ARB in front is the only way to go.

Last edited:
What if you had a non-selectable locker up front and you only locked one hub?

El Guapo said:
What if you had a non-selectable locker up front and you only locked one hub?

So you like getting in and out of your truck, possibly every5-6 metres on a trail, in places where there is so little traction you can't even park safely?

Now if you could set it up with an electric hub off an IFS surf, that would be a definate option to look at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom