Security light and flashing blinkers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update:
The cause: Likely a clogged driver's side sunroof drain. Cleared it using a 6ft piece of cat 5 which was the perfect diameter and stiffness. Tried some 3 romex first and it was too thick, bailing wire too flexible. Cleared and made sure water ran freely. Out of an abundance of caution I had the windshield replaced. Electrical gremlins persisted for 3 days and then resolved spontaneously. Likely caused by water getting on the electrical components in the drivers side kick panel where the ECU and fuses for all the electrical problems I was having were located. To be honest it took longer than I expected to dry up. We are expecting some significant rain for the next 5 days so hopefully my preventative measures worked and there are no more issues.

It has rained here in central Arkansas for several days and my corner lights won’t turn off on my 2006 lc. And today the abs vsc trac and vsc off lights came on. Darnit dangit carnsarn da barndit (blazing saddles reference)

Last night i checked the sunroof drains and they were both freely flowing water. Driver and passenger floorboards dry.

Lots of leaves have fallen here this week and im suspicious that a different drain (maybe between the hood and windshield?) may be clogged but this morning i ran the a/c on high and when i got to work the lights went off. Then it rained all day and they came back on. They’re on now sitting in my driveway and our second duck season is a day and a half away!

Anyone want to weigh in on the fix? Thanks

Well they went off without me performing repair so I still believe water is getting in somewhere although both floorboards and fuse panels are dry.

Rain predicted tomorrow so i may be in trouble🤔🤔

Water ingress around the roof rack bolts located in the base of the roof channels.
Possibly also a windscreen leak, as others have mentioned, if you have had the windscreen replaced.
My money is on the roof rack bolt holes though.

Check for rust, check and replace the rubber matt that is meant to make the two bolts on each side of each rack watertight.
Water gets in there, then runs down the drivers/passengers or both footwells, and can get into the ECU, causing all sorts of issues.
I had a flat battery after it being parked all day, and apparently the hazard lights came on, and stayed on, all day.
Issue resolved itself.
I find its less of an issue if I park facing uphill.

Thanks man. I’ll try to inspect so more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom