Seattle Based BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
dumb.org
Hi all,

I just joined the forum about a month ago. I just got my '88 BJ70 on Monday from Amazing Auto Imports in Richmond, BC. It's got ~79,500km and zero rust. I'm really enjoying it. This is my first Land Cruiser and honestly, with the mileage it has and how much I tend to put on cars, may be my last! ;)

zyvu32O.jpg

Nice truck! What are your plans for your 70?

There's little that needs to be done mechanically. Small leak on the front gear box at the small axles. I want to match my spare rim up to the ones on the car. I need a good roof rack, since I'll be snowboarding a lot this year (if the snow rears it's head). I'm not going to go nuts with the car in terms of mods, it's way too clean.

so what's it like driving rhd rig?

It's not a big deal. You have all the skills you need to do it. There are pedals, there are wheels, and there are windows. Just drive forward and avoid hitting things and you've got it down.

Yep, you get used to RHD pretty quickly... I drove my 75 from Phoenix to Tacoma when I bought it. I learned on the way!

image.jpg

I drove the length of Australia about 6 years ago. I've also driven all over the UK. I honestly didn't think about it until I had the truck halfway home and thought, "Oh yeah, I'm on the right." Surprisingly, this is the most common question I get. Conceptually, it doesn't even seem difficult or weird to me. If pedals were reversed, then it would be a hard transition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom