Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (1 Viewer)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got Bilstein 6112/5160's on order. Trying to find wheels that will work w/285/75/17 tires. The only ones i can find that i like have a zero offset and seems like people don't suggest that for an LC. Need to order some sliders too.

I'm planning a trip to Moab in May so trying to get it dialed before then.

Check with metaltech 4x4 on stock . . .

Check with metaltech 4x4 on stock . . .
Mainline overland is the us distributor for evo corse

Mainline overland is the us distributor for evo corse

and finally, these are the part numbers for 17" wheels worldwide. A set of 5 steelies imported from middle east is around $800.
You'll probably need some 1" spacers to go with stock offsets to get into the 40 to 35mm range

1612478595748.png

Hello fellow Seattleites! Purchased my first LC in early January, and have been slowly transitioning over to this forum after I sold my first gen Tundra. Would love to join and connect up with any of you folks if any events of meetups get added. I'm already looking for ideas on how to build this truck. Located on the north end of Greenwood Ave.

Seems like a good thread to ask this:

What are the go-to shops in the Seattle area for FJ40 work? I have a friend who has a '76 and wants to do a power steering conversion. He also just needs a good go-to shop for other maintenance. I'd offer to help him do it in my garage, but I'm traveling too much.

Thanks anyway.

Seems like a good thread to ask this:

What are the go-to shops in the Seattle area for FJ40 work? I have a friend who has a '76 and wants to do a power steering conversion. He also just needs a good go-to shop for other maintenance. I'd offer to help him do it in my garage, but I'm traveling too much.

Thanks anyway.

Torfab in Everett.

Hey Brothers & Sisters, Suspension Install Shop recommendations needed:

I'm down in Tacoma and upgrading the suspension in My 2020 Tundra. Looking for a professional install of a OME BP51 in the Tacoma/Seattle area. Does anyone have a shop they love for this?

To be honest, I don't trust most shops and want it done right. I'd do it myself but I don't have a shop and, well to be honest, much skill. Having a great shop and tools makes up for a lack of skill. ;)

I have a recommendation in Lynnwood and Everett. Not much help I’m afraid.

I'm down in Tacoma and upgrading the suspension in My 2020 Tundra. Looking for a professional install of a OME BP51 in the Tacoma/Seattle area. Does anyone have a shop they love for this?

To be honest, I don't trust most shops and want it done right. I'd do it myself but I don't have a shop and, well to be honest, much skill. Having a great shop and tools makes up for a lack of skill. ;)

Mule in Issaquah, or Auburn offroad (ask for John).

Mule is always closed. I guess I only drive by on Sundays and Sat afternoons.

Does your lift include rear leaf springs?

Does your lift include rear leaf springs?
I'm not planning to lift it--level the front end at most. Any lift would strictly be associated with improved ride in rough roads. Not sure. I need to get some good consult. I want to get a more compliant ride on rough roads.. I typically don't haul bunch of weight in the bed and rarely tow.

I'm not planning to lift it--level the front end at most. Any lift would strictly be associated with improved ride in rough roads. Not sure. I need to get some good consult. I want to get a more compliant ride on rough roads.. I typically don't haul bunch of weight in the bed and rarely tow.
PM sent

Mule is always closed. I guess I only drive by on Sundays and Sat afternoons.
Yeah, I haven't had or heard of great customer experiences either.

Hey all. I am looking for some info from you fine folks up that way. We are going to be heading up to stay at a friend's house on the sound for the kids spring break (Apr 4th-10th). I am hoping for some opportunities to get out and explore in the LX a little while we are up there. I have done some hiking/backpacking in my younger days in Olympic National Park, but otherwise have not spent much time in the area.

The house is located somewhere in between Olympia and Shelton.

Any recommendations for trails? Maybe Olympia NF? Capital SF? Anywhere else close by?

Much obliged.

Let me know if you have time for a meetup!

For exploring in the LX near ONP you should focus on the south and east part of the park (along the hood canal). There aren't really any through roads. This time of year you'll find plenty of snow but should be open enough for some lower elevation exploring. Lake Cushman, Hamma Hamma, and Duckabush are all really fun to explore.

You should hit up Long Beach - longest drivable beach in the US. Forks, Second Beach and Ruby Beach are all must see as well.

If you are in the peninsula and want to wheel a bit - Tahuya national forest is a popular spot for us nortwesterners. There are obstacles for all abilities. It will likely be very wet this time of year - there will be mud.

Let me know if you have time for a meetup!

For exploring in the LX near ONP you should focus on the south and east part of the park (along the hood canal). There aren't really any through roads. This time of year you'll find plenty of snow but should be open enough for some lower elevation exploring. Lake Cushman, Hamma Hamma, and Duckabush are all really fun to explore.

You should hit up Long Beach - longest drivable beach in the US. Forks, Second Beach and Ruby Beach are all must see as well.

If you are in the peninsula and want to wheel a bit - Tahuya national forest is a popular spot for us nortwesterners. There are obstacles for all abilities. It will likely be very wet this time of year - there will be mud.

It would be really great to be able to meet up. I would totally be up for that.

At the moment, I don't think we have any solid plans. I think we will be there from Saturday to Saturday, but I will confirm. We were planning on keeping an eye on the weather as time gets closer. I'll start to take a look at some of the places you suggested. It is hard to gauge driving distance looking at a map because of the terrain, but it looks like both Olympia NP and Tahuya are not too far from Shelton.

Although I am always game for anything, I doubt the kids will be too up on anything hardcore, but we definitely want to get off pavement. I figured that everything will be pretty muddy and likely raining the whole time, but se la vie. I guess you have to travel pretty Far East before it starts to dry out right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom