Seat suggestions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently added EFI to my 40. This included a new pump in the under seat tank. Original seat had to be lifted 1" to clear the new pump. Now the driver's seat needs lifted to match.

With all the above I am pretty seriously considering just putting in new bucket seats of some sort. Was determined to stay as original as possible, but having had 40s with both types I have decided I like buckets better.

Any good suggestions?

if I go this route I will have nice OEM seats to sell or trade.

With all the above I am pretty seriously considering just putting in new bucket seats of some sort. Was determined to stay as original as possible, but having had 40s with both types I have decided I like buckets better.

Any good suggestions?

The Proccar 90 seats are a popular choice; they are comfortable and look similar to stock 40 bucket seats.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $109 at Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=Procar%2090

I have them in mine, and like them well.

IMG_1335.JPG

Last edited:
what did it take to bolt in those seats?

what did it take to bolt in those seats?

Procar sells mount kits for many cars, including ones for both early and late 40 tubs. I bought the appropriate ones for mine, but still had to tweak them a bit to get the fit I wanted. I also ended up cutting off the bottom two mounting holes on the provided seat sliders, so I could get the seats as low as possible. Even then, you still sit higher than in the stock seats.

Last edited:
Recently added EFI to my 40. This included a new pump in the under seat tank. Original seat had to be lifted 1" to clear the new pump. Now the driver's seat needs lifted to match.

Any good suggestions?

if I go this route I will have nice OEM seats to sell or trade.

Procar Rally XL -> click here <-

1691948436351.png
1691948458192.png

1691948545104.png

Thanks for the input, like those procar rally xl's but for a rig that barely gets driven I think I'm gonna go a little cheaper. Didn't know procar made brackets for an FJ40. Off to the internet!

Did they fit as they came or did you have to do some fabrication?
They were pretty much bolt on. I say pretty much because their brackets didn’t quite match up to my mounts. I had to enlarge one of the holes.
They sell mounts for bench and bucket seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom