Seat Protection for Child Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions on covering and/or pad for back seat to protect it from child car seats? I have three child seats across my back seat.

since you’re covering the whole seat maybe a dog cover, you can slit it for access to the latch points

I have two car seats back there. I just take them out every odd week or so, and vacuum the seats before applying a leather cleaner. Then I tell the wife to take the other vehicle for a day before I put the car seats back in. Works wonders....and I get to drive the LX for a change ;)

The Coverking custom neoprene covers from Costco are super protective, reasonably priced and fit great. Downside is that Costco doesn’t always offer them.

I use some Amazon cheap car seat protectors for my two seats. They look like these:
Amazon product ASIN B07W6JGDYWWhenever I take the car seats out I vacuum all the Cheerios out, and apply leather conditioner before I put the seats back in. They seem to be holding up fine, with just a little leather stretching that seems to work itself out if I leave the car seats out for a few days.

I have two car seats back there. I just take them out every odd week or so, and vacuum the seats before applying a leather cleaner. Then I tell the wife to take the other vehicle for a day before I put the car seats back in. Works wonders....and I get to drive the LX for a change ;)
Do you feel like the car seats are doing any permanent damage to the leather? I wouldn't mind just being diligent in taking them out to clean/condition but I feel like when I cinch these things down I'm going to ruin them. But maybe the leather is more durable than I'm giving it credit for.

Do you feel like the car seats are doing any permanent damage to the leather? I wouldn't mind just being diligent in taking them out to clean/condition but I feel like when I cinch these things down I'm going to ruin them. But maybe the leather is more durable than I'm giving it credit for.

With 3 kids under 4 and two cars, I guess I am just too lazy to be diligent about it. The car seats are very snug and have left imprints on prior vehicles. I looked at several of the options mentioned above, but some of the people had issues with the liner of the seat protector melting on their leather and I am in Texas.

I plan to have the car for a long time, so I ordered the escape gear covers and several of these britax seat protectors: Amazon product ASIN B0080HPXHUI received the seat protectors, but I am still waiting on the escape gear. The seat protectors are thick soft rubber that I am happy with and should help with the imprint issue. The escape gear cover should keep the leather clean.

I am excited about the escape gear covers and it was nice to blame to purchase on the kids. 😀

Thank you everyone for your input!

No permanent damage so far. I recommend to clean the bottom of the car seats when putting them back in though. Sometimes they have grit on the bottom of them and I feel that would damage the leather.

Either way the LX will be going to the kids as their first vehicle...so if their car seats mess up the back seats...its their problem ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom