Seat extensions for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It turned out to be reasonably easy. Got it done and I welded it up. Love the new leg room!!
Any chance you took some pics of your modified rails and bracket that you can share? TIA!

- edit, just read where you said no pics. I may have to tear into mine and figure this out. At 6'1 any drive over two hours and my knees start singing the blues.

Pics or you didn't happen.
BBTPhHk.img

Been working on this as I can. Complete bolt in design, uses the factory mounting holes and is one solid rail front to rear. Using a solid rail that contours the floor pan and seat brackets is the only way I see for this to be strong enough to keep the integrity close to the original design and where I'd be comfortable offering it.

All bends, no welding and I'll use a HSLA material.

Still a bit to go, but close.

Jason

View attachment 2101932

Are these available for purchase?
Thanks!
Greg

I did mine about 6 months ago, and it wasn't too bad. Sadly I dumped some of the pictures, but here are two from when I fitted the new piece in. It was just a matter of taking the seat out, turn it over, then remove the rail. Then I welded on a piece of 1/4 inch by 1 1/4 in steel flat bar (drilled the needed holes first). Bolted the seat back in and now enjoy the leg room. I'm a 6' tall female, and really needed the room. BTW, my LC is a 2000 series 100.
Lorrie

I did mine about 6 months ago, and it wasn't too bad. Sadly I dumped some of the pictures, but here are two from when I fitted the new piece in. It was just a matter of taking the seat out, turn it over, then remove the rail. Then I welded on a piece of 1/4 inch by 1 1/4 in steel flat bar (drilled the needed holes first). Bolted the seat back in and now enjoy the leg room. I'm a 6' tall female, and really needed the room. BTW, my LC is a 2000 series 100.
Lorrie

Lorri - I don't see the pics. Thanks, Greg

Been working on this as I can. Complete bolt in design, uses the factory mounting holes and is one solid rail front to rear. Using a solid rail that contours the floor pan and seat brackets is the only way I see for this to be strong enough to keep the integrity close to the original design and where I'd be comfortable offering it.

All bends, no welding and I'll use a HSLA material.

Still a bit to go, but close.

Jason

View attachment 2101932

Do you have drawing for this part, Autocad or other? Thanks!
Greg

Lorrie

Not enough leg room for a six footer. That's a disappointment. What's your inseam?

34 inches

Thanks. Mine is 35 at 6'5. Guess a 100 series would literally not be a good fit for me. FJ62 even worse with stock seating position. However, TLC used to make seat extensions for 60 series many years ago and I was able to get them. Enough leg room for an NBA player now. Well, maybe up to 7'. 8 footers need not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom