Seat belt (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '94 FZJ 80 has a driver's seat belt that is wore slap out. I thought about sending it out for repair, but not having air bags makes the seat belt the most important personal safety device. So, I would like to purchase a new one. I see the OEM replacements sell for about $170.00. However, several places sell a universal 3-point system for about $90.00.
Does anyone have any experience with a universal replacement belt? I would appreciate any of your thoughts on this matter.

The only color seat belts that still may be available are for the grey interior, Oak is long gone.

That works for me, thanks!

What color did you find available?
Well, TRD Shop sent me a "back order notification ". I called them and asked about a realistic time estimate. They would not venture a guess. I canceled my order. I decided to just order one from my local Toyota dealer. He said there was one in the warehouse and will be available today! It is supposed to be '94 FZJ gray color. Fingers crossed. Will update if it actually arrives.

i tried to find new gray belts, but they all weren't available. so i went to restore route.
20230211_134334.jpg

you're right, the drivers side IS still available in Grey. but not the passenger side, or both rears. i wanted them all fresh and matching, as all four belts get a workout every week, and restoring them was the only way. NLA parts is annoying

This is the first negative review I heard about them. Did they give you a refund less the shipping?
I sent my belt to safety restore and my grey belt was returned black.... I think they are sending samples but not 100% sure. The additional annoying thing is my truck is in storage so now I have to bug the guy too check the samples to the other seat belts.

I sent my belt to safety restore and my grey belt was returned black.... I think they are sending samples but not 100% sure. The additional annoying thing is my truck is in storage so now I have to bug the guy too check the samples to the other seat belts.
Wtf really? Well, every company is going to make mistakes. Hopefully it’s a one off.

Been discussed before, try a search on MUD for Safety Restore . Apparently they have returned belts that were sometimes a different shade/tint of the original color but don't recall anyone saying they were totally off like grey to black, that would be return IMO.

Seems like we should call and ask what colors they have in stock before shipping your belt assembly out to be rebuilt?? I need to do this to a couple of belts.

Been discussed before, try a search on MUD for Safety Restore . Apparently they have returned belts that were sometimes a different shade/tint of the original color but don't recall anyone saying they were totally off like grey to black, that would be return IMO.

Seems like we should call and ask what colors they have in stock before shipping your belt assembly out to be rebuilt?? I need to do this to a couple of belts.
Yeah, it's not being installed until it's the right color. Or close enough you can't tell unless you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom