SDHQ High Output Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi mud, does anyone on here have any experience with this product? What about experience with the install, what supporting mods are required? I imagine a REDARC charge management is a must.

SDHQ High Output Alternator

Would be a nice upgrade to charge my three batteries (two 120ah DCS in cabin, and main AGM).

Still looking for feedback on this - my alternator is starting to wain .. between this and Mean Green Alternator, with a REDARC or Victron battery charger manager in between the two to keep from cooking the battery.

I used a BNR Alternator from eBay and have no issues.
(One 100AH in cabin and Group 49 in stock location under hood)
The BNR units are made in USA and seem well-built.
You want the 3-pin and not the 4-pin for your rig in your sig.
It's hard to go wrong with a price like that $245 for 250A
If that is not enough, DC Power has a 370A unit @ $850

DC Power is a reputable company and so you can't really go wrong. I "think" they use all new Denso cores for their alternators but it would be nice to get confirmation. I would choose alternator output based on my needs. Bigger is not always better. The highest output alternator will not be the most reliable alternator.

If you were searching remanufactured alternators, I'd suggest the Denso Sequoia 150A alternator or the Denso 130A LC alternator. Both, upgrades from your 80A alt. Would be nice to get an actual unbiased output comparison of OE alternator vs DCP alternators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom