Scottsdale Happy Hour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You buyin'? :D
I have a recommendation for a venue. Friend's mom owns a restaurant in
OldTowne. Bartender drives an FJ-60, and a Porsche 912.
Might be able to swing something. Let me know so I can get the afternoon off
from work.

[quote author=hj60 link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg136107#msg136107 date=1081550974]
You buyin'?
[/quote]

You don't want the bottom shelf I can afford.

3fj40- I'll drink anything that won't make me blind. :)
And I can buy myself (and Yashica) a round or two.
I'm off this Wed evening. I think she is too. Pick a venue and I'll be there. :D
And you're right about parking. Too many 80s and 100s. I think I had the
oldest Cruiser in Old Town last night.

And they never seem to wave back. I usually just get a puzzled look.
Of course, around here, no one in Wranglers wave back when I drive mine.
Maybe it's just the area. :-\

most of them are driving too fast and irresponsibly to you waiving anyway,,,
so 3FJ40 what type setting are you looking for for a happy hour?? maybe harolds in cave creek? but that would be quite a drive for some in the east valley. maybe "famous sams" there is one at 32st and greenway.

[quote author=hj60 link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg136910#msg136910 date=1081665459]
And they never seem to wave back.
[/quote]

Yep, I've yet to get a wave too. Even from some built cruisers.

[quote author=RHINO link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg137065#msg137065 date=1081712017]
what type setting are you looking for for a happy hour??
[/quote]

I'm easy, cheap, poor, and relatively newer to the area so anything works ;) Let's come up with a day this week (actually, I'm flying out Friday, so it'd have to be Mon-Thu). I'm game though. I work at Via De Ventura & Pima, so I'm driveable. I live further North, so anywhere in between or old town's fine.

well the only interest so far has been from a few of us, and were all in the north valley so,,,, you and HJ60 are newish to the area,,,,phil help me out, any suggestions??
i think wed. would be good, HJ60 you have a varied schedule right?? what afternoon would be good for you?
lets do this.

This week I only have Wednesday afternoon/evening off. So that'd be the
only day I could make it. I get off work after 8 (usually closer to 9) but I
have to be up for school at 5:30, so late nights are out. :(
I'm poor, but like I said, I can afford a couple of drinks/appetizers.
Oh, my friend's mom also owns a restaraunt at Desert Ridge, since we all
seem to be in the north end. And there's usually parking there on
weeknights.

so,,, desert ridge wed. sounds good to me, what restaraunt does she own??
rock bottom brewery is at desert ridge, been wanting to try it.

[quote author=hj60 link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg137354#msg137354 date=1081747023]
so late nights are out.
[/quote]

No worries there. So something like in the 8pm - 9pm range on Wed. What restaurant?

I'm in even though I might arrive in a Taurus (company car). :p

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg137564#msg137564 date=1081788198]
How about Rawhides parking lot?? BYOB
[/quote]

I have no problem there other than BYOB get together on private commercial property might be questionable ;) If not the restaurant (yet to be named) at Desert Ridge, there's also the Pinnacle Pizza place at Pinnacle Peak & Scottsdale, a mexican joint (don't remember the name) at Thompson Peak and Pima with some outside seating and good beers. Just throwing out other options of places with vast parking areas.

i think we would all like outside seating close to the rigs but about all i can think of is harolds up in cave creek. after a looksee at each others rigs we can talk cruiser anywhere. i would prefer getting started sooner than 8-9pm though as we will bulsh*t for at least a few hrs. i dont know about you professional types, but i start my day around 5am.

[quote author=RHINO link=board=27;threadid=14516;start=msg138054#msg138054 date=1081831387]
harolds up in cave creek
[/quote]

I'm very good with this if everyone else is on board. I would like to start well before 8pm as my days are long and start early, but willing to be flexible. Wednesday evening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom