Save Me from Becoming a Traitor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never mind every one else on this forum! By the suburban, decreases the demand for LC's, reducing asking prices and the rest of use can buy another one! :cheers:

Maybe when you look again in two years :doh: you can fin a cheaper one!

Fly Rod

trucruiser said:
I had a 98 Tahoe that loved to go through Fuel pumps $300.00 ea, oh and a head gasket, and it once got stuck in 4 inches of snow with all of the tires still on the ground. What a POS.

Welcome to the club. I put 7 (yes, 7) fuel pumps in a '96 tahoe before getting rid of it. Tranny problems, new engine at 3,000 miles, multiple other problems.

You couldn't GIVE me another GM product or TAKE my Toyota from me.

I would second the Arizona recommendation.

I found my truck in Phoenix area in Mar' 2004. I looked at 3 or 4 trucks before I got lucky and found mine with 89k miles in only about a weeks time. There were several others listed I never got to.

I bet you could find more with high gas prices.

macneill said:
There's a reason why there are only 5 LCs versus 95 Suburbans.

Exactly what I was thinking... :rolleyes:

The Suburban is a TX Cadillac, s*** loads of those things all over the place! I say go for the Suburban! No troubles finding the parts you're going to need to fix it in the bone yards! All the Cruisers are still on the road so parts are harder to find for sure.

Just be sure to put a bumper sticker on the Burb so we know you're a Cruiser guy. That way we can pull you to the next service station!

All BS aside, hold out! I could pick up a 2002 Suburban tomorrow or hold out and buy a 1997 LX450 within a month for the same price. Biggest difference is the LX450 with still be worth something in 5 years, the Suburbans aren't much more then a seemingly good value and lot of car for the money!

If you really need wheels but haven't found the right Landcruiser, do what I did: rent an el cheapo rental car at a non-airport location on a weekly basis until you find the right Landcruiser. It'll cost a bit in the short term but frees you from making a hasty decision in order to satisfy daily driver needs.

Good luck,

David

The only thing I can add to the above is to consider - total cost of ownership over 3 years. Just imagine what 3 years of service on a surburban are going to cost you. When you add that into the equation, even a top dollar 80 would seem cheap.

When I bought my 80 in Washington state (another place with 80 values), I probably paid too much (perhaps 1500 too much) but when I consider that it was in excellent shape and I didn't have to travel, it was worth it.

OK I got the message - no need to rub it in anymore. I think Rily has a good point. I've been doing the math too and I may just have to change my psychology and pay a little more.

I warned you to invest in a nomex suit. lol

Myself having won the cheapest person alive award, have you considered buying a 93 -97 LC the way I do?

I'm currently a very happy owner of a nice 93 200k (unlocked) and an almost perfect 96 145k (locked) 80 and bought both for under $7000 each.

Yes, I had to buy them sight unseen (Twin cities and Cincinnati), but for the price (isn't this your sticking point?) how could anyone with an ounce of mechanical ability go wrong? All you really have to do is buy a $200 round trip airline ticket and taxi fair to a dealership and drive away if you're happy after your inspection.

I'm happy to say that I'm 2 - 0 with this buying method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom