Saturday 2/18 Chainsaw Re-Cert and Trail Clean-up NOTE TIME CHANGE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
Wade will be doing Chainsaw re-certs at Tasker's Gap parking lot this Saturday (2/18) starting at 9:30am. Trail workday to follow (light clean-up, just run the trails to assess the work and do anything that needs immediate attention).

Sorry for the late notifications, just got the call an hour ago. WATR was getting cabin fever and jumped when they saw Saturdays forecast.

Who's in? Post up here if you are 75% or better probability of attending.

I'll have to send you your authorization letters to avoid getting ticketed so post-up and PM me your email address.

Jon

Last edited:
This is the field re-certification test, not the class. you will need a saw, chaps, hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, heavy boots.

Nobody?

Any other weekend I can help but I'm heading to SC on Friday to see my parents. I wanted to use my new chainsaw too, sorry.

I have some work to do at the poultry plant Saturday. I'd much rather be out in the woods.

I would normally make this but I've got family in town this weekend... If you guys want yellow tree paint for trail blazes let me know- I've got 4 or 5 cans we weren't able to use last year.

I've got family visiting as well. Shocked they're doing this so early

Just saw this. Don’t think I’m going to make it today.

I went this AM was about 6 recertifications and about 20-25 people for a quick clean up. Took down a few trees but other than a cold start it went well.
Only weird part was getting about AW 10 where we have stopped for lunch in the past we stumbled upon about 20 hippies who had hiked in and camped. They were all totally out of it and were still strung out from whatever they did last night.
Oh…. and on the south Motorcycycle trail below the parking area were 2 dead horses. ….wtf.
The BBQ lunch was on point.
The next chainsaw class will be first weekend in March and they will have another clean up day then.

E2CE2275-DA7E-4A98-B22A-B161A6B5F2F6.jpeg

75F8FBD9-504D-4A59-8C0C-5CABF3548C5A.jpeg

D289D4B7-349A-424D-95BE-5B68B88FC5DB.jpeg

FDA62983-31EB-4DD2-AF27-94ADD819253D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom