SAS SAS #8 Official Page 08/05/2024-08/09/2024 (11 Viewers)

Vote for this years color for shirts and trail flags

• • Sky Blue

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • • Pollux Orange (vote for this please)

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still a little underdone out here….. my pedal foot is getting itchy!

IMG_5618.jpeg

If this route across Blue Mesa Reservoir from East to West is not repaired by SAS time there are plenty of alternate routes. Including the I-70, Wolfcreek Pass to either Durango and North or up and over Stoney Pass from Creed to Silverton.
I'm not worried about getting to Ouray.

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know Bryan. Jeff will be able to place the proper person in this site.

Thanks, Casey...
Hi All, I am a bit late to the campsite reservation conversation...I still need a site, so if there is any thing open at KOA or near it I will take it. Also hit up the KOA guy (sorry forgot his handle)...not response yet.
Thanks!! Rob

If this route across Blue Mesa Reservoir from East to West is not repaired by SAS time there are plenty of alternate routes. Including the I-70, Wolfcreek Pass to either Durango and North or up and over Stoney Pass from Creed to Silverton.
I'm not worried about getting to Ouray.
There is a way around. Blue mesa cut off it goes around its a groomed dirt road Might be rough pulling a trailer. @DangerNoodle maybe you can check it out if need be when the time is closer. it comes out right by JPs

There is a way around. Blue mesa cut off it goes around its a groomed dirt road Might be rough pulling a trailer. @DangerNoodle maybe you can check it out if need be when the time is closer. it comes out right by JPs

Hell, 50 has been a groomed dirt road here and there for the last couple years🤣

@raisinhell2 sounds like a good reason to do BV into Taylor then to Crusty Butt then Kebler

@raisinhell2 sounds like a good reason to do BV into Taylor then to Crusty Butt then Kebler
I'm going in through lake city so it don't matter to me ! I dont think Karl could make it over engineer with a trailer with 2 rigs. But if he trys I will watch !!

I'm going in through lake city so it don't matter to me ! I dont think Karl could make it over engineer with a trailer with 2 rigs. But if he trys I will watch !!

I'm gonna day it won't work. I'm all for trying of we've got enough winches.

Might take a week too. 😆

I'll just be dropping n off of 70 at Grand Junction. There's a really pretty road at Glenwood Springs that I took a couple of years ago with the trailer. I was empty though.

Depends how we feel. Grand Junction is the easiest route loaded

Hi All, I am a bit late to the campsite reservation conversation...I still need a site, so if there is any thing open at KOA or near it I will take it. Also hit up the KOA guy (sorry forgot his handle)...not response yet.
Thanks!! Rob
I have a spot open in my reservation. Myself and an 80series are in it currently. Cheaper to share. He has a RTT and I’m in a tent cot with a 40. If your camp style is small, I have you covered.

PM if interested

The Clustertruck lives.

20240421_150422.jpg

20240421_150439.jpg

20240421_150433.jpg

Total weight. 2 guys, a dog, ¼ tank of fuel. I'm betting we add another half ton of gear and crap.

20240421_151623.jpg

Pickup weight
20240421_151559.jpg

Trailer weight
20240421_151651.jpg

I think the pickup weighs 6500# with me in it. I ordered a new one and it shipped. Allegedly. So I'm curious how it does. Basically the same exact pickup, just a little higher gvw, otherwise same configuration.

Last edited:
Close. The "Karl is too cheap and doesn't want a longer trailer" extendo kit.
I still want to see how you load it....

Keep us posted on this as we get closer. I will be pulling a 20' out behind my Duramax with a LC in tow. I took 50 last year. I am stopping in Colo Springs for a hot air ballon ride, but could head north to 70 and over. I came back Wolf Creek last year after taking the Durango to Silverton steam train on Friday.

I still want to see how you load it....

Backed it into the ditch, drove the Hilux on.

Took a minute to find the right ditch though. I'm going to have a rollback meet me in Montrose to get it off. The way home it'll be just the pickup on the trailer. The 40 is staying in Colorado for a bit.

I wanted to load it with the forklift, there just isn't a good place to put the forks without it being sketchy AF

The Clustertruck lives.

View attachment 3613096

View attachment 3613097

View attachment 3613098

Total weight. 2 guys, a dog, ¼ tank of fuel. I'm betting we add another half ton of gear and crap.

View attachment 3613099

Pickup weight
View attachment 3613100

Trailer weight
View attachment 3613101

I think the pickup weighs 6500# with me in it. I ordered a new one and it shipped. Allegedly. So I'm curious how it does. Basically the same exact pickup, just a little higher gvw, otherwise same configuration.
Wonder how it will pull with all that weight behind the axles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom