Sandblaster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pulled my tank to get the transmission hump out, and to try and fix the stinkin gas smell.

Found the entire area underneath the tank cover packed with wet mud, and as a result the sheetmetal around the tank has the worst rust on the truck by far.

A sandblaster would make short work of this rust, but I don't have one or the funds to buy one. I do have a compressor big enough to run one.

Does anyone have a sandblaster they would lend or rent to a member so I could get this one-time repair done?

:cheers:
Bailey

Note:The worst rust is under the mud in the picture that has now been removed.
P4120084 (Medium).JPG

Bailey,
What is your timing and location? I am out of media for my blaster and have not had a chance to restock, but it is portable. My compressor is 16CFM (@165 psi), but I only run the blaster at 95psi so even a smaller compressor can get by for a small project.

Just give me a shout.

You know you can get a cheap one from Lowes for about $40 when we go one. Basically you hook up the air and stick the feeder hose into a bucket of sand and there ya go. Not the best of things but I did sandblast many things with it.

Larry,
Thanks for the offer. I could get my blasting done next week if you could spare your equipment. Your compressor is about 3x the size of mine, but I'd like to try it. I of course plan on supplying my own media- if you could let me know what type to use and where I might find it that would be great. My schedule is pretty flexible, I can run up to Kennesaw whenever, starting Monday morning.

Thanks again.

Taco- I'm scared to own a blaster mostly 'cause I would be too tempted to use it all the time and make a mess at my parents :D Being that I am still in school, all my cruiser work happens at the parents. Will check it out next time I'm at Lowe's.

Larry,
Thanks for the offer. I could get my blasting done next week if you could spare your equipment. Your compressor is about 3x the size of mine, but I'd like to try it. I of course plan on supplying my own media- if you could let me know what type to use and where I might find it that would be great. My schedule is pretty flexible, I can run up to Kennesaw whenever, starting Monday morning.

Thanks again.

Bailey,
Monday is a challenge. I will be home by 5, but will need leave by ~6:30 to get Melissa to practice. Tuesday is easier because there is nothing scheduled, but Wednesday and Thursday pick right back up with a game and practice.
Media is the challenge. I have been using sand for years, but I can't find anyone that carries any more. This why I picked up 500 lbs today of DuPont media.
Do you trailer your 40 much? If so, would it be easier to trailer it up since you would be making a trip? Then we could pull up near the shop and blast it on the trailer. What works best for you?

A 4" knotted wire brush on a grinder would take care of that faster & better w/ less mess. That's a small area I wouldn't fool w/ a blaster for the trouble. Now, if you were doing a body, frame etc. that's different. Did you read my offer on the other thread you started about the seat cradle?

Got an axle housing that's getting built for the front of the truck that needs blasting too.

I tried a wire brush and composite rust stripping wheel on some of the rust, wasn't working too hot. I thought about a knotted brush, but didn't have any handy. I'll try one before I bother Larry.

I spent too many hours manning a cup brush equipped grinder when I worked at Urban to get excited about using one again. :D

Probably going to need to take you up on the offer to bend up some 1 1/4" tube. Got the A-> spreaders fitted, need to update the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom