San Diego Diesel Mechanic for Purchase Inspection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

forksinthetrail

Frequent Lurker
Threads
Maybe you guys can help me out - I am looking to buy a HJ47 in San Diego and as I am not familiar with diesels and even less so Toyota diesels, I am thinking I would like a Toyota experienced diesel mechanic to take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at him as a problem. I suppose checking compression and looking for signs of other trouble would be good.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Maybe post on the 40 series technical forum?

Any help is appreciated!

Is this the one from Rich Shep? I am heading out to San Diego and could take a look for you if you'd like.

I am not a diesel mechanic but own a Diesel 44 and could easily detect any major issues and even some small ones for you.

Let me know. I will be getting out there in a week.

Breck - yes that is the one. I am flying down on Wednesday to look at it, possibly close the deal, but hoping to get someone else to take a look, especially the motor. If you have a diesel 44 you are far more qualified than I am. What day will you be around?

I leave here on the 12th so you will be ahead of me... Check out the SD clubhouse. There are a few guys that could help you out... Also, check the classifieds here as there was another guy (1tontoy) that offered to take a look.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom