SOLD San Diego: 2006 LC 100 coming soon... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
white
After years in an 80 and now a 100 I've decided to change things up and join the modern world by ordering a brand new Ford Bronco. Here's what I've got: 2006 100 LC, 164,xxx miles, white/tan. It was originally from Texas so it had the Bushwhacker fender flares which I removed leaving some scratches and rub marks in their place, but not bad at all. Maintenance history was weak when I got the truck but I did get the Toyota owners data showing several dealer services in Houston and Fort Worth for the first 5-6 years of the trucks life. TB & WP at 113,000 (from memory). It is rust free underneath. I bought the car 3+ years ago, baselined it and have taken good care ever since. John at SD Trux is who I take the truck to for any work required. I replaced the front seat leather, and converted the HVAC & radio to accommodate a modern double din Apple Car Play system as I hated the antique original system (thank you JerryB for building a harness and providing a road map for this). I also swapped wheels and tires to Rock Warriors (with new trim rings) and Pirelli tires. On the negative side I currently have a PO420 code which means I have to replace the Cat on the driver side. I have a friend who's the GM at a Toyota dealership in Orange County so I can get the cat at a nice discount; I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but will do so prior to a sale. Oh...I have a Prinsu rack which I will pass along to the new owner as well. I had it on for the past 18 months but I like the lines of the truck with the stock rack so its in storage. There is no third row seat.

I'm posting this now to see what the interest is in my truck as I wouldn't be opposed to selling this many months in advance of the Bronco delivery. I have a few other cars that I can use and I'm still working from home....

I'll start at $20,000 and am happy to take more comprehensive photos and discuss the truck if interested.

Thanks,

Nick

IMG_010258.JPG

IMG_0525.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking Land Cruiser and interior looks like new. Do you mind providing the information on the replacement seat covers (brand and color)?

Thanks, Dave. They are from Land Cruiser Heaven. Here’s the thread I posted.

Really lame ass marketing on my part with only two photos (above). Here's a link to some photos I just took:

Last edited:
If this truck has a clean carfax, it’s worth more than your asking price at the moment. This truck is probably a good comp for your truck. The buyer of the one referenced below also had to pay a 5% buyers premium.

Fzj80- That’s excellent to hear, thanks for posting the comp!

Looks like my link didn’t work. Darn it. I’ll figure it out....but this isn’t my strong suit.

The truck on BAT had 180k miles and sold for $24,750 without the 5% buyers premium. Prices have certainly not gone down since that truck sold.

No problem man. Nice long hood 911 you have in the background. These trucks are going the way the air cooled cars did/are. Also the head unit install you had done looks top notch. I’d say that if you threw this thing on BAT, it would hit $30k and probably go higher. Only downside with BAT is the lead time to get the auction live. I’d say it’s worth it though.

Early 911’s are my real passion. I’m fortunate to own a few and love them. There is a very similar and passionate community in the Land Cruiser world as there is in the air cooled Porsche world.

I would go the BAT route but I know it takes about 30 days to go live. I found a pickup that I’m suddenly smitten with and if my LC sells quickly I’ll buy it and use it as a tow vehicle and a replacement for the LC.

The non NAV switch uses all the parts a non US (really North American) version would use except for the wiring harness. It works perfectly. It was fairly easy getting all the parts (and expensive) and I had a professional car audio shop do all the work.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me, I appreciate the interest in my truck. I responded in order to when I received each inquiry and engaged with the first person who said they would accept my price. At this time the potential buyer will do a PPI and I’m also getting a new cat installed. If all goes well I’ve wave adios to what has been a good, reliable vehicle. If not, I’ll be in touch with those of you I’ve replied to. Thanks, Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom