SOLD San Diego: 1989, 24v Hj61 with 12ht and H55f (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
I never thought I would sell it. But I also never imagined I would struggle driving manual cars. So it is time for me to sell my hj61. I have about $17k into the rust repair that it needed 3 years ago. Unfortunately the guy I took it too got lazy towards the end and used bondo in some areas. These areas are the driver side rear quarter panel. The Driver side front wheel well area( Looks like alot of painted over seam sealer actually). And the Passenger side rear door. Other than that the rig is quite rust free.

This is a LHD euro spec hj61. It has a rear LSD floating axle. NO AC. And everything is 24volts on it. I am currently in the process of swapping over all doors and windows to manual as I didn't want to pay for the 24volt stuff when I was able to find it. It is a fj62 interior and body.

Since owning it mechanically I have:
-Done oil changes every 7,000 miles.
-Adjusted valves every 10k miles.
-Repacked the knuckes twice since owning: the first time i compromised the axle seal and it started getting goupy again. And complete Terrain Tamer kit was used.
-Replaced the oil cooler line that runs from the front of engine and goes back into the block just under the injection pump.
-Replaced the thermostat.
-Replaced the fuel primer
-Replaced the fan motor and fan for the heater and air.
-Brand new T-case from The Landcruiser Shop in Sandpoint was installed.
-Re-wire for the rear wire harness was done to just clean some things up.
-Stand Alone 12volt system with a buc connecter for thing like the radio, cig lighter, and have more space in Blue Seas box for additional accesories. This is all located in the glove box with a master swtich.
-TorFab BMW seat brackets with BMW manual seats: driver and passenger.
-Sony Head unit with apple carplay. 4 speakers. And most of the car is sound deadend with a butyl tape and then closed cell foam on top. Its still loud.
-Brand new calipers and pads from CruiserCorps.
-17 inch FJ cruiser steelies with discovery AT3 xlt tires

waiting for arrival and will be done before sell:
-Brand new door cards from Australian Door cards
-Both Front windows will be converted to manual. Currently can't find any rears.

Parts that will be selling with it: I have a complete OEM gasket kit for the engine. A mamba turbo return line kit. All the parts that I have taken off or replaced with new incase someone wants restore back to original, minus the front seats. 24Volt ARB air compressor.

I have driven this thing from Spokane, WA to Baja Mexico and back. Spokane, WA to Tulsa, Ok and back. It is not a cream puff, I have used it as Land cruisers are intended to be used. But I babied it and honestly love this thing so much. The 12ht is such a gorgeous engine. And the 60 is so beautiful. I really am torn to sell it, but i just can't "hack the mish" anymore with the manual tranny. I am going to Colorado expo and could drive it there or tow it there (it would make the drive i just like AC). I just moved to California so my cruiser is a mess and full of stuff still. So I won't be able to post pics of interior for a bit. But If you're interested I would prefer a phone call. I know I am never getting my money back (and time) but It is a LHD 12ht.

632263 Kms. With apparently an engine rebuild about 150,000 miles ago. Call me I will explain.

$30k for the truck, diesel prices will determine if price changes for delivery to EXPO CO.

THINGS NEEDED DONE:
-I think maybe a new clutch is pending, its hard to tell because I am broken and have a hard time shifting already. I had a friend drive it and they thought it was fine. Its never slipped on me, I just struggle driving any manual now.
-The shotty rust repair areas will eventually need to be addressed.
-Sunroof motor needs to be replaced ( good luck finding one) It doesn't leak at all though, which is nice/surprising.

Preventive maintenance I would be doing if I kept it: (nothing has given me reason to think something is wrong, I just like to know)
-Refresh of the rear drum brakes.
-Pull the rear floating axle shafts and inspect.
-Drop tank, inspect, reseal.
-Begin recoating/Cerkote engine bay items.
-24V air compressor install with chuck
-Begin collecting new rubbers, for seals, windows, etc.
-Turbo Kinugawa adjustable turbo actuator
-EGT and PSI gauges
-AUX fuel tank
-Find AC parts

I am not trying to hide anything from ya'll and will try to show full disclosure of all problems. Please feel free to call if you're interested and within my price. I love cruisers just as most of you but don't have time to chat just to chat about them currently--I wish i did though. I will post more pics in about 2 weeks. Also it does leak a little. but most of those oil and leak stains in the pics are from my cummins.

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3662.jpeg

IMG_3640.jpeg

Totally Forgot. It has an MCC 4x4 aluminum bumper. I did a group buy a couple of years ago. It's very light. Has halogen fog lights that aren't hooked up. And has LED marker lights that are tied into the running lights and blinkers.

DSC_0034.jpeg

Pending sale

After getting this thing ready to sell and cleaning it out of all my shhhhtufff, and the hood just flew open at 30 mph (new latch on the way), which dented the bent things that I haven't check out yet. I am lowering the price to $25K. Here are some pics of how it sits right now.

IMG_4699.jpeg

IMG_4700.jpeg

IMG_4701.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

more pics

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4705.jpeg

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4707.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

Feel free to give me call if you're interested. 918-629-0109

IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

Bump for the Weekend. Sell is no longer pending. Price is still at 25k. I have alot of extra goodies for the truck as well. I.E one of which is a 24volt ARB air compressor still in the box.

Also willing to trade for an 80 series.

Price is dropping to $23k for a hopefully quick(ish) sale. However i will be selling separately the gasket kit, the mamba return line, the ARB 24volt compressor. But it will still come with the door cards and manual window regulators.

any interest in trade for built diesel 80 series? any pics of hood damage? That is such a bummer, it happened to me too a few years ago :(

any interest in trade for built diesel 80 series? any pics of hood damage? That is such a bummer, it happened to me too a few years ago :(
RHD or LHD? which motor?

So it has 393k mi on it?

How bad did the damage to the hood arms end up?

Awesome ride! Hope you're feeling better!

So it has 393k mi on it?

How bad did the damage to the hood arms end up?

Awesome ride! Hope you're feeling better!
it has 627k Kms which is about 417k miles. The hood arms aren't bad. The driver side one got bent slightly where as the passenger is ok. And it's not really a get better thing. It's for life.

Bump and Price dropped to $22k.

Any chance we can see the new damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom