SAD Day for the 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

don't forget to check the rocker stands for the oil hole at the right position...knew it had to be simpler than drilling out a bearing from below;)

Thanks for the reminder, I did check it, haven't got it bolted down yet. I do have another question for you. All of the pushrods are basically the same height except for the #1 piston intake, its about an inch higher than the rest, don't remember it being when I pulled the pushrods.

sounds weird, they should be the same length lined up on a bench. once installed and adjusted, they are all going to set at different heights due to the camshaft position. rotate the engine and watch that rocker...it should follow the same arch as the rest of them...

The lifter had come out when I pulled the pushrod. Guess one should give the pushrods a twist as your pulling them out to break suction. All is well and I plan on checking oil flow to the top of the head tomorrow.

For this test to be successful, you will need to set the engine on TDC for #4. This will line up the oil hole on the camshaft center bearing so that oil can flow to the head.

For this test to be successful, you will need to set the engine on TDC for #4. This will line up the oil hole on the camshaft center bearing so that oil can flow to the head.

Is this the same for the F motor?

Don

I have not work on the F engine, so cannot say for sure. Try it and see. Don't know why it would be different but maybe someone with an 'F' brain set can comment.

I now have oil flow to the top of the head. I want to thank you all for your help, It's good to have help from you folks willing to share your knowledge and expertise.

It's good when a plan comes together!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom